TRUMP sister, a NY federal judge forced to retire over misconduct complaint filed over her "family's fraudulent tax schemes"

Jul 2015
Florida
I'm sure it has nothing to with little "Donnie", it's just HER and HUSBANDS tax schemes. You believe that don't you folks?

Trump’s sister retires from the federal judiciary to avoid ethics investigation into her taxes

MATTHEW CHAPMAN
10 APR 2019 AT 20:02 ET

Maryanne Trump Barry (Image credit: U.S. Court of Appeals / YouTube)
FlipboardFacebookTwitterLinkedInMore12.1K

On Wednesday, The New York Times reported that Maryanne Trump Barry, President Donald Trump’s older sister, is retiring as a federal judge.

Trump Barry, who sits on the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, was hit with a misconduct complaint last October, stemming from a report that the Trump family used fraudulent tax schemes to increase their inheritance. Retiring from the bench ends that investigation.

This alleged fraud is one of many reasons why House Democrats are calling for Trump to release his tax returns. The president has refused to do so, leading Democrats to invoke a law that allows them to obtain his returns from the IRS directly. The request is likely to go to a court battle....

Trump's sister retires from the federal judiciary to avoid ethics investigation into her taxes

Jan 2016
Colorado
New York Times? Figures. (yawn)
Let us know if you're actually disputing the facts of the news story, which are that:

(1) Maryanne Trump Barry is retiring as a federal judge; and that

(2) There was a misconduct complaint filed against her based on the fraudulent tax schemes used by her family; and that

(3) She was faced with an impending ethics investigation.

Mar 2019
California
Let us know if you're actually disputing the facts of the news story, which are that:

(2) There was a misconduct complaint filed against her based on the fraudulent tax schemes used by her family; and that

Naw! Just don't care.Boring.

Jul 2015
Florida

Yep. I first heard about this maybe last summer! I have no idea if the SOUTHERN DISTRICT was already looking at Trump's finances and she came into focus. Remember SHE was involved in stopping "Donnie" from ripping her and at least 1 other brother off several years back. BUT I know for a fact she is still friendly with him and so is at least one other brother.

One brother seems to be some philanthropic type who lives upstate and took his money and ran. (That's the abbreviated version as I remember it).

Last edited:
Dec 2014
The Milky Way
She was senior status since 2011, and inactive status since her brother was sworn in. The smeras continue though now that Russian collusion lie has crashed and burned.

Barry was nominated to be a judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit by Democratic President Bill Clinton[2] on June 17, 1999, to replace H. Lee Sarokin, who had retired in 1996. Clinton had nominated Robert Raymar to the seat in 1998, but that nomination was never given a hearing by the Senate Judiciary Committee, and Raymar's nomination expired at the end of that year. During the next congressional term, Clinton nominated Barry to the position.[citation needed]
Barry was unanimously confirmed by the United States Senate on September 13, 1999, and received her commission on September 22, 1999. "I am deeply honored and very grateful for the nomination," Barry told the New Jersey Law Journal in 1999. "I am surprised I was approached on it. I assume that my record is good enough as a district court judge to be reached out to, and I'm glad that politics weren't a priority here."[10]
Barry's reputation on the bench was that of a tough judge with strong command of her courtroom.[2] In 1989, while a district court judge in Newark, New Jersey, she disapproved a plea bargaining deal that would have freed two county detectives accused of protecting a drug dealer, and forced the case to trial. The detectives were convicted and received jail terms. She also presided over the conviction of Louis Manna, the Genovese crime family boss accused of plotting to assassinate rival John Gotti.[2]
On June 30, 2011, Barry assumed senior status;[1] she took inactive senior status the first week of February 2017, about two weeks after her brother's inauguration as President.

Maryanne Trump Barry - Wikipedia

Last edited: