Trump Storms Out of Shutdown Meeting

Jul 2013
Ohio
He doesn't understand how democracy works. He doesn't understand that with the Democrats taking over the House, he's no longer going to get his own way on everything. He can't just stamp his feet and demand a wall. Grow up, Donald.
He'll never grow up.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Cryin Chuck told his favorite lie when he used his standard sound bite that I “slammed the table & walked out of the room. He had a temper tantrum.” Because I knew he would say that, and after Nancy said no to proper Border Security, I politely said bye-bye and left, no slamming!

8:24 AM - Jan 10, 2019

"Bye-bye?" Who talks like that....besides toddlers?

Mar 2015
Minnesota
Was anyone expecting something different?

Believe both sides have more focus on "winning the standoff" than they have on the actual government shutdown.

That's not true , can or would you even suggest that the Democrats should give on this goof ball wall. Come on now, they are both guilty of many things but this isn't one of them.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I happen to know Caroljo from another site and she's hardly a "political hack." I also know you from this place. You spend a lot of time both being wrong and whining incessantly about other posters.
Most of us know Caroljo, PE. You are late to the party. I do not object to a Conservative joining the party.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
He'll never grow up.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Cryin Chuck told his favorite lie when he used his standard sound bite that I “slammed the table & walked out of the room. He had a temper tantrum.” Because I knew he would say that, and after Nancy said no to proper Border Security, I politely said bye-bye and left, no slamming!

8:24 AM - Jan 10, 2019

"Bye-bye?" Who talks like that....besides toddlers?
Trump sure doens’t! Even worse was McCarthy saying Trump passed out candy.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
The way the Democrats falsely framed the meeting was "disturbing," and their behavior is "embarrassing," McCarthy said. Where Schumer continued to "raise his voice," Trump was "polite" and "respectful." While Trump was offering solutions, the Democrats just "want to just argue."- Rep. Kevin McCarthy
Pelosi and Schumer don't want to bargain. It's their way or the highway. Trump has even been willing to deal with DACA, but these two clowns won't give Trump anything.

The Democrats are a disgrace, and while they supported a wall a few years ago, they have done a 180.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
That's not true , can or would you even suggest that the Democrats should give on this goof ball wall. Come on now, they are both guilty of many things it like they did but this isn't one of them.
Pragmatic tries to walk that middle wall. It gets wobbly at times.

Maybe someone sawed it like they sawed the steel bars on Trump’s wall.