Trump suggests that it could get 'very bad' if military, police, biker supporters play 'tough'

Nov 2016
USA
President Trump in a new interview suggested that his supporters are tougher than Democrats, and that if they actually play tough things could get "very bad."

Trump made the comments in the context of an interview with the conservative outlet Breitbart in which he argued that Democrats play a tough political game.

“You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny," Trump said in the interview with Breitbart published on Wednesday. "I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher."

"I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad," Trump said.

"But the left plays it cuter and tougher. Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress ... with all this invest[igations] — that’s all they want to do is — you know, they do things that are nasty. Republicans never played this.”

Trump suggests that it could get 'very bad' if military, police, biker supporters play 'tough'

It sounds ominously like he’s telling his supporters that it would be ok to resort to violence against the left. He’s suggested this before, as noted in the link. It’s really unpresidential and grossly irresponsible.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
President Trump in a new interview suggested that his supporters are tougher than Democrats, and that if they actually play tough things could get "very bad."

Trump made the comments in the context of an interview with the conservative outlet Breitbart in which he argued that Democrats play a tough political game.

“You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny," Trump said in the interview with Breitbart published on Wednesday. "I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher."

"I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad," Trump said.

"But the left plays it cuter and tougher. Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress ... with all this invest[igations] — that’s all they want to do is — you know, they do things that are nasty. Republicans never played this.”

It sounds ominously like he’s telling his supporters that it would be ok to resort to violence against the left. He’s suggested this before, as noted in the link. It’s really unpresidential and grossly irresponsible.
"It sounds ominously like he’s telling his supporters that it would be ok to resort to violence against the left."

Actually .... it sounds like another fake news story from theHill.com

But, you extemist fake news parrot keep bleating that it's a secret message from the President to all us normal thinking folks ....

You know there are two Patriots behind every bush plotting against you Leftist Extremist ...

You guys need to post more LIES her on PH to offset the truth.

Jul 2017
U.S.A.

Stochastic terrorism.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more

it's hard to tell what he's talking about because Trump isn't one to think things through. If you go by plain wording alone it's dangerously close to calling for some kind of civil war. With all the talk about the military and bikers and police that is. More evidence that this president is psychotic. Cohen warned us that if he doesn't win the election in 2020 there will never be a peaceful transition of power. He knows Trump pretty well. So, we'd better heed his warning.

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
"It sounds ominously like he’s telling his supporters that it would be ok to resort to violence against the left."

Actually .... it sounds like another fake news story from theHill.com

But, you extemist fake news parrot keep bleating that it's a secret message from the President to all us normal thinking folks ....

You know there are two Patriots behind every bush plotting against you Leftist Extremist ...

You guys need to post more LIES her on PH to offset the truth.
Where is your link debunking the story? You must have one, since you are claiming this is fake news, right?

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
it's hard to tell what he's talking about because Trump isn't one to think things through. If you go by plain wording alone it's dangerously close to calling for some kind of civil war. With all the talk about the military and bikers and police that is. More evidence that this president is psychotic. Cohen warned us that if he doesn't win the election in 2020 there will never be a peaceful transition of power. He knows Trump pretty well. So, we'd better heed his warning.

This article lays it out pretty well I think

Then Trump was asked about the tactics Democrats are using now that they’re in the House majority, and that led Trump to launch into that quote. Let me isolate the key part of it for you:

I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.
It would be very bad, very bad.

First, take Trump’s declaration that he has the support of the police and the military. Read in the most charitable way, Trump could merely mean that people in those groups tend to support him as individuals, not that he wants them to think of themselves as belonging to institutions that support him. There’s no particular reason to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on this. But even if he did intend it in this somewhat less disgusting way, he’s still saying that the ranks of his armed supporters could at some point feel provoked to violence. He doesn’t say they should feel provoked, but merely that they might feel provoked under certain conditions. This allows Trump to plausibly claim that he isn’t endorsing that outcome or openly inciting it; why, he’s merely observing what’s possible. And it would be very bad, very bad if that did happen, let me tell you, so you’d better hope it doesn’t!

Also note that Trump isn’t saying one way or the other whether violence would be justified. Which means he’s dangling it out there that it might be. He certainly isn’t saying that it wouldn’t be. This is a trick Trump has used before. In August 2016, you may recall, Trump got pilloried for saying this about Hillary Clinton:

Hillary wants to abolish — essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, and if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. [Pause] Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know. But I tell you what, that’ll be a horrible day.
Trump didn’t say gun owners should take matters into his own hands and engage in violent retaliation against Clinton if and when she tries to take their guns away. He merely suggested something might happen under those circumstances. And boy, oh boy, it would be very bad, very bad if it did, so by golly, you’d better hope that it doesn’t! Also, he’s here to tell them that Clinton would, in fact, try to take their guns away.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ary-if-they-got-angry/?utm_term=.64fc4b685209

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Where is your link debunking the story? You must have one, since you are claiming this is fake news, right?
Read the story ...

You either can comprehend or you can't.

If you can' then keep posting with the rest of the fake news parrots in this thread.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.

What a stupid sack of shit he is.
What the fuck does that fat, pampered rich fuck know about tough???