Trump Takes Credit for Passage of Time

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
I wish I was making this up.

Here's what happened... There was a recent bill authorizing the Treasury to mint $1 coins commemorating Women's Suffrage (generally) and the 19th Amendment (specifically). It was a fairly straightforward bill, and it passed the Senate with a unanimous vote.

When it came time for President Trump to ceremoniously sign the bill, he said - and I quote verbatim:

"They've been working on this for years and years. And I'm curious, why wasn't it done a long time ago, and also -- well, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm President, and we get things done."

No, Donald. The reason that prior presidents hadn't done it before was because the 19th Amendment was passed in 1920. Next year is 2020, marking the centennial for the event. Previous presidents didn't "get it done" because 100 years hadn't yet passed.

Pick your own source

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program

Here's what happened... There was a recent bill authorizing the Treasury to mint $1 coins commemorating Women's Suffrage (generally) and the 19th Amendment (specifically). It was a fairly straightforward bill, and it passed the Senate with a unanimous vote.

When it came time for President Trump to ceremoniously sign the bill, he said - and I quote verbatim:

"They've been working on this for years and years. And I'm curious, why wasn't it done a long time ago, and also -- well, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm President, and we get things done."

No, Donald. The reason that prior presidents hadn't done it before was because the 19th Amendment was passed in 1920. Next year is 2020, marking the centennial for the event. Previous presidents didn't "get it done" because 100 years hadn't yet passed.

Pick your own source
His constant self congratulatory bullshit really plucks my nerves. Again, imagine if this was the black president saying this shit.

Sep 2016
My own world
You all realize that Trump seriously suffering from an inability to connect the dots. One part of living in reality is the ability to see "Consonant relationships". He does not get the reasoning of celebrating the 100 anniversary of suffrage in the actual 100th year.

For people to function in reality the above has to be present in cognitive reasoning in addition to these two:
1. Irrelevant relationship: two cognitions or actions unrelated to each other (e.g. not wanting to become drunk when out, and wearing a shirt)
2. Dissonant relationship: two cognitions or actions inconsistent with each other (e.g. not wanting to become drunk when out, but then drinking more wine)

Jul 2019
Atlanta

Pick your own source
LOLOL.. Trump may not know the word centennial.

Jul 2014
midwest
Youse guys sure are triggered over such insignificant little things.

It's Thanksgiving!

Try to enjoy life for a change.

There are lots of REAL issues, and much more important things to be outraged about...

Reactions: The Man