Trump Thinks He Can Convince Mueller's Team Their Own Investigation Is a Witch Hunt.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
President Donald Trump reportedly wants to meet with investigators working on special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe because he believes he can convince them it is actually a “witch hunt.”

The New York Times reported that Trump is pushing against the advice of his lawyers not to sit down for an interview with Mueller’s team, citing three unnamed people briefed on the issue.

Rudy Giuliani, a member of Trump’s legal team, which is negotiating how, when and on what subjects Mueller will question the president, has said before that Trump is eager to be interviewed to clear his name.
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-convince-robert-mueller-investigation-witch-hunt-1053547

there's no way this can actually be true. Right? Trump can't actually believe his own hype. Right? That's just the thing. No one seems to know whether Trump is a con artist , amazingly ignorant, arrogant, or he really believes the lies he tells about the Russia investigation? That's putting aside how most American's only wish they could "negotiate" with federal law enforcement on what questions they're allowed to ask them. Must be nice. Regardless, my money is on Trump just trying to convince the public, mostly his supporters, that he's on equal footing with the Mueller team. He can't possibly believe that , by the sheer force of his personality, he alone can glamour the Mueller team into standing down.

Right?

Last edited:

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
President Donald Trump reportedly wants to meet with investigators working on special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe because he believes he can convince them it is actually a “witch hunt.”

The New York Times reported that Trump is pushing against the advice of his lawyers not to sit down for an interview with Mueller’s team, citing three unnamed people briefed on the issue.

Rudy Giuliani, a member of Trump’s legal team, which is negotiating how, when and on what subjects Mueller will question the president, has said before that Trump is eager to be interviewed to clear his name.
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-convince-robert-mueller-investigation-witch-hunt-1053547

there's no way this can actually be true. Right? Trump can't actually believe his own hype. Right? That's just the thing. No one seems to know whether Trump is a con artist , amazingly ignorant, arrogant, or he really believes the lies he tells about the Russia investigation? That's putting aside how most American's only wish they could "negotiate" with federal law enforcement on what questions they're allowed to ask them. Must be nice. Regardless, my money is on Trump just trying to convince the public, mostly his supporters, that he's on equal footing with the Mueller team. He can't possibly believe that , by the sheer force of his personality, he alone can glamour the Mueller team into standing down.

Right?

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2014
United States
Trump won't testify unless he is subpoenaed.

I don't really give a flying fuck what the moron says about it.

Mar 2010
Indiana
The man has such a big ego he thinks he can convince someone anything. Add to that his stupidity and there you have it.

As Confucius once said:

A man is three things: What he thinks he is, what others think he is, and what he really is. For the first, Trumps opinion of himself is vastly exaggerated.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
Border Fence
I don't believe Rudy that Trump wants to testify before Mueller.

I think Trump is terrified of Mueller. Rudy is just putting a good face on a bad situation.