Trump Tops GOP Field In Florida, Pennsylvania; Second In Ohio--

Jun 2013
VA
Donald Trump tops GOP field in Florida, Pennsylvania, second in Ohio - Washington Times!

Seems the predicted decline of Trump by the GOP Sanity Crew, has yet to come to pass.

But, perhaps we'll get lucky and some paid blogger from the RNC will show up here at PH and tell us how ALL these polls showing Trump ahead are "meaningless" and we should ignore them....

while all the polls showing Hillary dipping are "really significant" and "a trend" and we should heed and trust them!

:)

Reactions: 3 people

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Trump's performance in the polls will not be of any further significance until candidates start withdrawing from the race. At that moment we'll be able to see how this is likely to play out. If, for example, the combined supporters of Lindsey Graham, Bobby Jindal and Ben Carson (just listing the names I think are most likely to go first) rally immediately to Trump's camp, rather than establishment GOP names... the RNC is screwed. That's a big IF.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Have to say after seeing the town hall meeting last night and what went on outside, I think Trump is going to be around for awhile. I still don't think he will get the nomination, but he is winning over a lot more people. He is essentially all we talk about at work.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
Border Fence
Trump has the big MO. People don't want to hear specifics...they want to hear "It can be done...and I can do it"

Jun 2014
United States
Jeb Bush's implosion certainly isn't helping the situation. Jeb was the only real hope that the Republicans had for 2016, and now he's acting like he doesn't really want to win.

Reactions: 2 people
Jun 2013
VA
Trump's performance in the polls will not be of any further significance until candidates start withdrawing from the race. At that moment we'll be able to see how this is likely to play out. If, for example, the combined supporters of Lindsey Graham, Bobby Jindal and Ben Carson (just listing the names I think are most likely to go first) rally immediately to Trump's camp, rather than establishment GOP names... the RNC is screwed. That's a big IF.
Don't see the "numbers" in that scenario.

Trump holds double digit leads in several polls, so if you took the 1-2-3-4 of the lowest five Republicans and added them together behind Jeb (who typically polls 2nd) or even Carson (who also polls 2nd in some)....

how they add up to enough to get real close to Trump. MAYBE a 25-19 or 25-20% poll....but that still leaves Trump with a good lead for atleast Iowa, New Hampshire, and Florida.

Jun 2013
VA
Have to say after seeing the town hall meeting last night and what went on outside, I think Trump is going to be around for awhile. I still don't think he will get the nomination, but he is winning over a lot more people. He is essentially all we talk about at work.
I think as we close on the Iowa Caucus, if he hasn't faded.....the RNC will have to start a full-out Karl Rove-style smear campaign against Trump.....which may backfire, but it will be their last option.

Jun 2013
VA
Jeb Bush's implosion certainly isn't helping the situation. Jeb was the only real hope that the Republicans had for 2016, and now he's acting like he doesn't really want to win.
One could have seen the "Original Plan" by the RNC.....keep the Far Right divided among 5-6 guys, even 4-5 guys.....

Jeb wins "plurality" wins in the first several Primaries, racks up winner-takes-all delegates, and by the time the Far Right rally behind ONE "anti-Jeb"....it's too late. Bush has the delegate lead and talk of "inevitable."

Trump threw a monkey wrench in that.....plus Jeb's lackluster performance at the Fox Debate.