Trump tries to pay off grieving family, rather than insist diplomat's wife stand trial

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
Does anyone here actually LIKE Donald Trump? Yes? WTF is wrong with you?

--------------------------------

While meeting with President Donald Trump, the parents of a British teenager who was killed in a traffic collision with the wife of a U.S. diplomat were offered money from the Treasury by the president, which they refused, according to The Guardian.

May 2019
Backatown, USA
Does anyone here actually LIKE Donald Trump? Yes? WTF is wrong with you?

--------------------------------

While meeting with President Donald Trump, the parents of a British teenager who was killed in a traffic collision with the wife of a U.S. diplomat were offered money from the Treasury by the president, which they refused, according to The Guardian.
Trump's whole value system is about money.
If it can't be bought and sold it has no meaning to him.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
Trump's whole value system is about money.
If it can't be bought and sold it has no meaning to him.
Yes. I think also, his reptilian brain has finally processed the POWER that he has as president. As a rich guy he only had power over people needing his money. Now, even though the White House is a "dump" and his salary is "negligible," he holds power that he's only now realizing.

I get the impression he really didn't want the job, but gradually he's seen how miserable he can make people as POTUS and he like it.

May 2019
midwest
Yes. I think also, his reptilian brain has finally processed the POWER that he has as president. As a rich guy he only had power over people needing his money. Now, even though the White House is a "dump" and his salary is "negligible," he holds power that he's only now realizing.

I get the impression he really didn't want the job, but gradually he's seen how miserable he can make people as POTUS and he like it.
<<.....>>

On Thursday, Dunn’s mother, Charlotte Charles, and his father, Tim Dunn, met the Northamptonshire police and crime commissioner, Stephen Mold, to discuss their dissatisfaction with the force’s investigation into their son’s death.

Afterwards, Charles said of Trump’s offer: “It’s not going to bring Harry back. Justice has to be done. They all need to learn that this can’t happen again and they need to learn that things need to be put into place to stop this.”

She said she remained determined that Sacoolas return to the UK to face justice.

“It is frustrating – they must see there’s something not right. Why are they making it difficult?” .....

more here:

Bribing is how dictators operate, right?
:cool:

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
<<.....>>

On Thursday, Dunn’s mother, Charlotte Charles, and his father, Tim Dunn, met the Northamptonshire police and crime commissioner, Stephen Mold, to discuss their dissatisfaction with the force’s investigation into their son’s death.

Afterwards, Charles said of Trump’s offer: “It’s not going to bring Harry back. Justice has to be done. They all need to learn that this can’t happen again and they need to learn that things need to be put into place to stop this.”

She said she remained determined that Sacoolas return to the UK to face justice.

“It is frustrating – they must see there’s something not right. Why are they making it difficult?” .....

more here:

Bribing is how dictators operate, right?
:cool:
Yes. As do shady real estate developers.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
If the family took the money some would probably characterize them as whores who were just exploiting their son's death to get a big payout.

The only thing that I wonder about is why Trump is bothering to try to protect her. Why not throw her under the bus like he does everyone else?

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
Just to show how tone deaf this reptile is, he had the diplomat's wife waiting in an adjoining room to meet with the grieving parents...you know, like a SURPRISE!

What a clod. I guess "military school" didn't impart the most basic tenants of manners and protocol.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59
May 2019
Backatown, USA

I'm 100% sure that he never wanted or expected this.
He wanted the attention that came with running for President, but not the responsibility or the scrutiny that came with actually having to do the job.
But yeah, throwing around the power of the office is probably the one thing that gets him excited.