Trump voters not happy that maybe they're losing their Obamacare

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Trump voters not happy that maybe they're losing their Obamacare
By Joan McCarter

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1708518

"In another in the long series, "Trump regrets," meet some voters who didn't think he was really going to take away their health care."
"It seems like he is trying to hurt the middle class," said Westerman, who is retired from a manufacturing company in Pennsylvania, a state that Trump won by little more than 44,000 votes over Democrat Hillary Clinton. It was the first time a Republican candidate had won Pennsylvania since 1988."
"Westerman already pays $520 a month in healthcare premiums and about $700 a month for his 21-year-old daughter's college tuition. "He says he's going to make it better for everyone. How does a (premium) increase make it better? […]"

====================================================

Well what the hell did they expect for Trump to do? Be as generous and concerned as the Democrats that would not have taken away their healthcare? Naive is as naive does. Having given Trump their vote they are now suffering and will continue to suffer immeasurably until a Democratic President and Congress takes over. Aside from that, people can expect higher healthcare premiums with less to offer in their healthcare plans.

Live and Learn! Now do you who voted for Trump and Republicans SEE the error in your ways in voting?! You should as there are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see!

Reactions: 2 people
Sep 2016
My own world
Poor baby, tough shit now=you voted for Trump so now you get Trumped up the ass, ha ha ha.

Reactions: 1 person

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
"It seems like he is trying to hurt the middle class," said Westerman, who is retired from a manufacturing company in Pennsylvania, a state that Trump won by little more than 44,000 votes over Democrat Hillary Clinton. It was the first time a Republican candidate had won Pennsylvania since 1988."
"Westerman already pays $520 a month in healthcare premiums and about $700 a month for his 21-year-old daughter's college tuition. "He says he's going to make it better for everyone. How does a (premium) increase make it better?

Wait until Mr Wasterman finds out that he is paying for the yuuge bigly expensive trump best wall.

Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2015
UK
Wait until Mr Wasterman finds out that he is paying for the yuuge bigly expensive trump best wall.
Was Bill Clinton the instigator of the wall? I thought successive governments tinkered with it ever since.

How is it's Trump's wall? I thought it was mainly built in the 90's.

Why is it a bad idea to keep illegal immigrants out of America?

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Was Bill Clinton the instigator of the wall? I thought successive governments tinkered with it ever since.

Because trump promised his sycophants that he was going to build a big beautiful 3000 mile wall and mexico will pay for it. You don't think that Mr. Westerman will be surprised that he's paying for it instead of mexico as trump promised?

--

dunno. Thats your strawman, so you answer it.

Nov 2015
UK
Because trump promised his sycophants that he was going to build a big beautiful 3000 mile wall and mexico will pay for it. You don't think that Mr. Westerman will be surprised that he's paying for it instead of mexico as trump promised?

--

dunno. Thats your strawman, so you answer it.
Because Trump used flamboyant language over his period in government to enhanced the wall, does that mean Bill Clinton didn't start building it in the 90's??

You're in America, I'm not. Do illegal immigrants benefit America? If so, how? Do you have a link to such claims/stats?

A UK university study concluded that both immigration and illegal immigration lowered the poor wages and increased the higher end wages. I wondered if this was the opposite in America and thus being the reason why the wall being enhanced is opposed?

Last edited:
Apr 2014
Maryland

Hey, why don’t we just shoot them as they try to cross...since Mexico won’t pay for the wall

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Depends on who you ask. The natives probably think illegal immigrants is a net lose for their way of life, whereas the labor intensive industries love the cheap labor. Me, personally I'm torn.. the very few illegals I know of are the parents of legal children that serve in the US military. I can't very well advocate to have their illegal parents be locked up in concentration camps and shipped out while they are away from home defending the gates from the barbarians.

So anyhooo.. You think Mr. Westerman will be surprised that he's paying for the big beautiful 3000 mile trump wall instead of mexico as trump promised?

Last edited:
Nov 2015
UK
Depends on who you ask. The natives probably think illegal immigrants is a net lose for their way of life, whereas the labor intensive industries love the cheap labor. Me, personally I'm a torn.. the very few illegals I know of are the parents of legal children that serve in the US military. I can't very well advocate to have their illegal parents be shipped out while they are out defending the gates from the barbarians.

So anyhooo.. You think Mr. Westerman will be surprised that he's paying for the big beautiful 3000 mile trump wall instead of mexico as trump promised?
Does the wall need increased? Trump thinks so, past governments have as well.I think the trouble is, Trump is very pragmatic and proactive and will follow it through. Unfortunately, there will be winners and losers. As in the illegals you know, they've had kids in America and have put themselves in the position of where they could be thrown out whilst their kids can remain. That's their doing, no one elses.

People need to get out of this 'black white', 'chalk cheese' theory about immigration, as in, have immigration or don't. But have the third option, have controlled immigration. Something the EU are thick as fuck about.

In America, you pay your tax and have public services in place. You need immigration to fill jobs where those skills are needed. If you have uncontrolled and illegal immigration, it causes problems on services and the living standards of the indigenous population. Why create a better life for illegals to benefit and take. So to reduce this, a physical barrier was put in place by Bill Clinton. It has been tinkered about by successive governments.

I think America should be pleased it's being maintained, I suppose those who benefit otherwise would disagree. If Trump says Mexico will eventually pay, then eventually pay they will.

Last edited: