Trump Wants Whistleblower ‘Exposed and Questioned’

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas

President Trump pressed Wednesday for the Ukraine call whistleblower to be “exposed and questioned” after new reports surfaced suggesting the whistleblower has ties to a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.

“The Whistleblower’s facts have been so incorrect about my ‘no pressure’ conversation with the Ukrainian President, and now the conflict of interest and involvement with a Democrat Candidate, that he or she should be exposed and questioned properly,” Trump tweeted.

“This is no Whistleblower….The Whistleblower’s lawyer is a big Democrat. The Whistleblower has ties to one of my DEMOCRAT OPPONENTS. Why does the [Intelligence Community Inspector General] allow this scam to continue?”

More Deep State Operatives being exposed as the wheels come off of the Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, Hoax.

Reactions: aboutenough
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
In an Aug. 26 letter, the Intelligence Community's inspector general, Michael Atkinson, wrote that the anonymous whistleblower who set off the Trump-Ukraine impeachment fight showed "some indicia of an arguable political bias ... in favor of a rival political candidate."

A few weeks later, news reports said the whistleblower's possible bias was that he is a registered Democrat. That was all. Incredulous commentary suggested that Republicans who were pushing the bias talking point were so blinded by their own partisanship that they saw simple registration with the Democratic Party as evidence of wrongdoing.

"Give me a break!" tweeted whistleblower lawyer Mark Zaid. "Bias? Seriously?"

Now, however, there is word of more evidence of possible bias on the whistleblower's part. Under questioning from Republicans during last Friday's impeachment inquiry interview with Atkinson, the inspector general revealed that the whistleblower's possible bias was not that he was simply a registered Democrat. It was that he had a significant tie to one of the Democratic presidential candidates currently vying to challenge President Trump in next year's election.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I really cant see the whistleblower staying anonymous for very long. So many involved that there is bound to be a leak or someone catching a pic on a cellphone. Quite a few already know who it is. Hard to hide much these days.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
He is directly violating federal law, which is set up to protect the identity of anyone who wishes to make such a report.

Among many who have suggested that maintaining the WB's privacy is essential is Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, who has ownership of the laws in question.

And for the umpteenth time, the alleged "political bias" of the WB likely amounts to their being a registered Democrat.

The IG made that disclosure solely for the sake of transparency, and it has no bearing on their findings that the matter is URGENT and CREDIBLE.

Meanwhile, absolutely nothing the WB has said has been proven to be false, and the president has publicly confessed to most of it.

The attorneys representing him also say that they have other clients who have supplemented his complaint, including one with FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE.

The OP will of course disregard all of this. He is not here to consider such information. I'm posting it for public benefit.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I really cant see the whistleblower staying anonymous for very long. So many involved that there is bound to be a leak or someone catching a pic on a cellphone. Quite a few already know who it is. Hard to hide much these days.
The transcript proves the whistleblower is not a whistleblower but, instead a leaker with some serioius conflicts of interest.

They will not remain anonymous long.

The claim of protected whistleblower status is bogus and will not continue to stand.

Reactions: spyydrr
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
He is directly violating federal law, which is set up to protect the identity of anyone who wishes to make such a report.

And for the umpteenth time, the alleged "political bias" of the WB likely amounts to their being a registered Democrat.

The IG made that disclosure solely for the sake of transparency, and it has no bearing on their findings that the matter is URGENT and CREDIBLE.

Meanwhile, absolutely nothing the WB has said has been proven to be false, and the president has publicly confessed to most of it.

The attorneys representing him also say that they have other clients who have supplemented his complaint, including one with FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE.

The OP will of course disregard all of this. He is not here to consider such information. I'm posting it for public benefit.
Agree except the revelation that the original whistleblower had ties to a 2020 democratic candidate certainly does change things a bit. Doesnt invalidate any testimony but puts a bit of bumble in the way as it gives Trump the talking point that his campaign was infiltrated. As I said earlier, imagine if a Trump supporter was working inside a Warren campaign, would anyone find them credible?

Reactions: pragmatic
May 2019
Backatown, USA

President Trump pressed Wednesday for the Ukraine call whistleblower to be “exposed and questioned” after new reports surfaced suggesting the whistleblower has ties to a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.

“The Whistleblower’s facts have been so incorrect about my ‘no pressure’ conversation with the Ukrainian President, and now the conflict of interest and involvement with a Democrat Candidate, that he or she should be exposed and questioned properly,” Trump tweeted.

“This is no Whistleblower….The Whistleblower’s lawyer is a big Democrat. The Whistleblower has ties to one of my DEMOCRAT OPPONENTS. Why does the [Intelligence Community Inspector General] allow this scam to continue?”

More Deep State Operatives being exposed as the wheels come off of the Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, Hoax.
Presumably one of his hundreds of lawyers can explain to the orange idiot how whistleblower laws work.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Agree except the revelation that the original whistleblower had ties to a 2020 democratic candidate certainly does change things a bit. Doesnt invalidate any testimony but puts a bit of bumble in the way as it gives Trump the talking point that his campaign was infiltrated. As I said earlier, imagine if a Trump supporter was working inside a Warren campaign, would anyone find them credible?

"Some type of professional relationship" could easily amount to their having been a political consultant or adviser to Biden's office 30 years ago.

It doesn't amount to anything for anyone who trusts that the Trump-appointed IG is not going to stand by this person if they didn't find them credible.