Trump Warns the Ayatoolah

Jan 2016
Colorado
I believe it was Theodore Roosevelt, who talked about speaking quietly and carrying a big stick? Trump seems to be the other way around lol
Softly, heh heh! Teddy Roosevelt said 'softly'! He said "Speak softly and carry a big stick!" Trump speaks LOUDLY and carries a, erm, SOFT 'stick'. Maybe a limp stick, heh.

And maybe it's not a 'stick'.

Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2017
Colorado
Iran is next.

How come people just assume Trump got nothing in the deal with Russia?
Because Trump hasn't pointed to anything concrete.

Why would Trump respond so strongly to this?
To take the heat from his secret summit out of the news.

Remember the Iran nuke deal?
Yes. Diplomacy in action.

Why was North Korea first?
Putin's orders aren't to be ignored.....

OK, I give. Why?

What could Russia do to influence Iran?
Sell them modern weaponry. Oh wait, they already did that.

Iran: Russian-made S-300 Air Defense Missile Systems Placed on ‘Combat Duty’

...Delivery of the S-300 missile air defense system, an upgraded variant of the air defense system initially ordered by Iran in 2010 for an estimated $800 million, began in April 2016 and was completed in October of the same year. The precise number of transporter erector launchers (TEL) delivered by Russia to Iran remains unknown. Estimates range from 40 to 60 TELs. Each TEL is capable of carrying up to four missiles.
https://thediplomat.com/2017/07/iran-russian-made-s-300-air-defense-missile-systems-placed-on-combat-duty/

Reactions: 1 person
Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Because Trump hasn't pointed to anything concrete.
The media hasn't pointed to anything concrete...

You really had to be paying attention to notice the clues.

To take the heat from his secret summit out of the news.
No, it was a result. It's not a coincidence. Were you aware of the Iran nuke connection in Syria?

Yes. Diplomacy in action.
No. Think "sum of all fears".

Putin's orders aren't to be ignored.....

OK, I give. Why?
North Korean nukes were meant to be the trigger for ww3.

That's part of the point, they are neighbours, and just like you would generally prefer to cooperate with neighbours. By not supporting the mullahs (speculation based on pieced together information that leads to the "Iran is next" conclusion), they will be far less able to defend their power against their populations.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Trump isn't going to back the Iranian regime when the people rise up this time like the previous President did.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-tweets-late-night-warning-to-iran’s-rouhani/ar-BBKXHke?ocid=spartandhp
True.

I think it's safe to say the rebels in Iran would get more support from a Trump administration than from an Obama one.

It's also nice having a President who stands up to Iran for a change... instead of one like Obama - who shamelessly sucked up to them.

Sep 2012
SoCal
like NK is trying to do? NK used and made an ass out of Trump, they aren't doing jack shit.

Did you hear trump say those US remains were on the back from NK as we speak? When no such thing was happening? Or that he met with "many" parents of those lost in NK when it wasn't fucking possible? The only thing trump is good at is convincing dumbshits to support him.
Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
In a joint statement at their Singapore summit, President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un committed to recovering the remains of prisoners of war and those missing in action decades after the Korean War — "including the immediate repatriation of those already identified."

That was more than a month ago, on June 12. Although Trump said eight days later that the repatriation had happened, it had not. It still has not. So, it was not "immediate," though the Stars and Stripes newspaper reported from South Korea on Tuesday that the North has agreed to transfer as many as 55 sets of remains next week. The Pentagon and the State Department declined to comment on any specifics promised by the North.

Sep 2012
SoCal
Since the president said this...
NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE

If I were the leader in Iran I would respond, "Stop your stupid fucking comments or we will close the door to the straits of Hormuz, how about that you juvenile, sound like a threat to you?"

I'd like to see congress tell the asshole go piss up a rope, we aren't waging war to boost your ego.
Iran dismisses angry Trump warning against threatening U.S.
WASHINGTON/ANKARA (Reuters) - Iran on Monday dismissed an angry warning from U.S. President Donald Trump that Tehran risked dire consequences “the like of which few throughout history have suffered before” if it made threats against the United States.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif hit back at Trump’s warning, which the U.S. leader delivered written in capital letters in a late-night tweet.

“COLOR US UNIMPRESSED: The world heard even harsher bluster a few months ago. And Iranians have heard them - albeit more civilized ones - for 40 yrs. We’ve been around for millennia & seen fall of empires, incl our own, which lasted more than the life of some countries,” Zarif wrote on Twitter.

“BE CAUTIOUS!” he wrote in capital letters, echoing exact words from Trump.

...MORE...

Sep 2012
SoCal
You're meme is a fail. Obama is the one that appeased the muslim gangsters and paid them off. Can't acknowledge that, can you. I know, it's very embarrassing. Obama should have been impeached, found guilty of treason, and jailed for that deal.
For the thousandth time...Obama gave them back their own money. You should really learn history...like why Iran has the government they have.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
True.

I think it's safe to say the rebels in Iran would get more support from a Trump administration than from an Obama one.

It's also nice having a President who stands up to Iran for a change... instead of one like Obama - who shamelessly sucked up to them.
That is so laughable. Explain the difference in the thugs in Iran and Putin.

You people are focused on Iran because Trump tells you to be. Iran is no different than any other authoritarian regime in the Middle East. How you can't see how Putin is every much as bad is incredible.

Not to mention Putin just hijacked the 2016 election. And Trump had the balls to stand shoulder to shoulder with Putin.

Manipulated much?

Last edited: