Trump Will Continue LGBTQ Worker Protection Order Signed by Obama

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Mr. Griffin, from HRC, has very valid points. Trump can't just stop right there with what he has proposed to do. He needs to go farther and also to initiate legislation to fully protect the LGBT Community from discrimination in Housing and Employment. To do less than that is to not serve those citizens in a manner that they fully deserve. I hope Trump listens to Griffin and does more than just use a mere band-aid approach to try to heal a much larger wound.

===========================================

Trump Will Continue LGBTQ Worker Protection Order Signed by Obama - ABC News
By Michael Edison Hayden and Katherine Faulders

"The White House announced Tuesday that President Trump will continue a 2014 Obama-era order protecting LGBTQ employees who work for federal contractors from workplace discrimination."
"Human Rights Campaign (HRC), an outspoken opponent of the Trump administration, told the Associated Press that they were not satisfied with the White House's announcement."
"[Trump] has left the key question unanswered —- will he commit to opposing any executive actions that allow government employees, taxpayer-funded organizations or even companies to discriminate?" HRC President Chad Griffin told the Associated Press."

Jun 2016
Chicago
If he allows people to discriminate against us based on religion, it won't matter.

But at least this is one decent thing we can say he did.

Reactions: 1 person
May 2012
By the wall
I don't recall trump ever even addressing the gay issue, I don't think he cares one way or the other.

If I had to guess I imagine this will be one of the issues he uses to compromise with the left to get other stuff he wants done.

The gays may be in for a windfall of positive legislation from trump.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2013
VA
Credit Trump when he earns it.

Obviously the ONE kind of bigot he isn't going to pander to?...is an anti-LGBT one.

Good for him on that.