Trump's Anti-Semitic Tropes

Jul 2016
DS9
I don't know if his senility is kicking in or what after his comments this past weekend that Democrats "hate Jews", but his past isn't too stellar...

Leading Jewish Democrats reject Donald Trump explanation for anti-Semitic tweet

All about the Benjamins, huh, Donnie?

"It was outrageous. We spend so much time worrying about and fighting anti-Semitism in this country and around the world that we shouldn't expect to have to do battle with anti-Semitism in the campaign of a major presidential candidate," said U.S. Rep. Ted Deutch, a Democrat who represents parts of Broward and Palm Beach counties. "It's become clear that they found the image on the Twitter account of an avowed anti-Semite, so to suggest that it was something other than some sort of a dog whistle to the extreme fringes of the Trump supporters is hard to believe."

The combination of images in the Trump tweet carries a potent suggestion of anti-Jewish stereotypes, said Nan Rich of Weston, a former Democratic leader in the Florida Senate and former national president of the National Council of Jewish woman. The controversial image had a picture of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. In a six-pointed star, the words "Most corrupt candidate ever!" were written. The background was a pile of $100 bills.

Or this, suggesting Jews were good at deal making and money...

Trump To Jewish Republicans: 'I'm A Negotiator Like You Folks'

Trump also tried to appeal to the Jewish audience, and his attempts have elicited strong reaction online — some criticize that he played right into stereotypes. "You just like me because my daughter happens to be Jewish," Trump said as he took the stage. He added that his daughter Ivanka has a great husband and is very happy, but "the only bad news is I can't get her on Saturday," referring to Shabbat, a Jewish day of rest.

Trump said he was in a different position than the other candidates because "I don't want any of your money. I don't want any of your money. I'm self-funding my campaign."

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
1) Jews are Hagglers
“I know why you’re not going to support me. You’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money …Look, I’m a negotiator like you folks, we’re negotiators.”

3) How ‘Bout That Jon Leibowitz — I Mean Stewart
“I promise you that I’m much smarter than Jonathan Leibowitz - I mean Jon Stewart @TheDailyShow. Who, by the way, is totally overrated.” (A tweet about Jon Stewart in April 2013.)

4) Debbie Wasserman Schultz is “Neurotic” (Read: Jewish Woman)
“This is a woman that is a terrible person,” Trump said of Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz after calling her “crazy” and a “highly neurotic woman.”(Last month on Breitbart News show on Sirius XM Radio.)

5) Not That I’ve Actually Read Hitler…
“If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them… My friend Marty Davis from Paramount gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.

Read more: 5 Cringeworthy Things Donald Trump Has Said About the Jews

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
2/11/2016: Candidate Trump again retweets infamous @WhiteGenocideTM twitter account, which routinely posted anti-Semitic and racist comments.

2/28/2016: Trump refuses to denounce David Duke, says “I don’t know anything about David Duke.”

4/19/2016: Trump again retweets white supremacist anti-Semitic Twitter account.

7/2/2016: Trump tweets out anti-Semitic meme attacking Hillary Clinton with Star of David over a sea of dollars. White House later claims Star of David was a Sheriff’s badge. The meme originated on 8chan/pol, a Reddit-like message board known for neo-Nazis and anti-Semites.

12/5/2016: Trump closes 2016 campaign with ad rife with anti-Semitic imagery and allusions. ADL denounces ad’s use of images and rhetoric that anti-Semites have use for ages.”

1/27/2017: White House releases statement on Holocaust Remembrance Day which includes no mention of Jews.

8/1/2017: 1. Charlottesville neo-Nazis: Trump lauds “very fine people on both sides

Trump's Epic History of Coddling, Promoting and Refusing to Denounce Anti-Semitism

Apr 2012
I don't know if his senility is kicking in or what after his comments this past weekend that Democrats "hate Jews", but his past isn't too stellar...

Leading Jewish Democrats reject Donald Trump explanation for anti-Semitic tweet

All about the Benjamins, huh, Donnie?

"It was outrageous. We spend so much time worrying about and fighting anti-Semitism in this country and around the world that we shouldn't expect to have to do battle with anti-Semitism in the campaign of a major presidential candidate," said U.S. Rep. Ted Deutch, a Democrat who represents parts of Broward and Palm Beach counties. "It's become clear that they found the image on the Twitter account of an avowed anti-Semite, so to suggest that it was something other than some sort of a dog whistle to the extreme fringes of the Trump supporters is hard to believe."

The combination of images in the Trump tweet carries a potent suggestion of anti-Jewish stereotypes, said Nan Rich of Weston, a former Democratic leader in the Florida Senate and former national president of the National Council of Jewish woman. The controversial image had a picture of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. In a six-pointed star, the words "Most corrupt candidate ever!" were written. The background was a pile of $100 bills.

Or this, suggesting Jews were good at deal making and money...

Trump To Jewish Republicans: 'I'm A Negotiator Like You Folks'

Trump also tried to appeal to the Jewish audience, and his attempts have elicited strong reaction online — some criticize that he played right into stereotypes. "You just like me because my daughter happens to be Jewish," Trump said as he took the stage. He added that his daughter Ivanka has a great husband and is very happy, but "the only bad news is I can't get her on Saturday," referring to Shabbat, a Jewish day of rest.

Trump said he was in a different position than the other candidates because "I don't want any of your money. I don't want any of your money. I'm self-funding my campaign."
You are really desperate bringing up something from 2016. Do you think this gives the antisemitic democrats a pass?

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
A Dallas evangelical pastor who once said that Jewish people are going to hell and a megachurch televangelist who claimed that Hitler was part of God’s plan to return Jews to Israel both played prominent roles on Monday in the opening ceremony of the new American Embassy in Jerusalem.

Robert Jeffress, who spoke at President Trump’s private inaugural prayer service and is the pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, delivered a prayer at the opening ceremony on Monday, while the Rev. John C. Hagee, a televangelist who founded Christians United for Israel and leads a San Antonio megachurch, gave the closing benediction.

Robert Jeffress, Pastor Who Said Jews Are Going to Hell, Led Prayer at Jerusalem Embassy

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
You are really desperate bringing up something from 2016. Do you think this gives the antisemitic democrats a pass?
LOL... what a hypocritical post. You bring up things from over a century ago to talk bad about your opponents but you're so drunk on Trump Kool-Aid and in the tank for the GOP that you think stuff from a couple of years ago should be out of bounds.

#Delusional

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
A Dallas evangelical pastor who once said that Jewish people are going to hell and a megachurch televangelist who claimed that Hitler was part of God’s plan to return Jews to Israel both played prominent roles on Monday in the opening ceremony of the new American Embassy in Jerusalem.

Robert Jeffress, who spoke at President Trump’s private inaugural prayer service and is the pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, delivered a prayer at the opening ceremony on Monday, while the Rev. John C. Hagee, a televangelist who founded Christians United for Israel and leads a San Antonio megachurch, gave the closing benediction.

Robert Jeffress, Pastor Who Said Jews Are Going to Hell, Led Prayer at Jerusalem Embassy
Hagee and Jeffress are examples of the worst of evangelicals. They try to mask that all they want to do is use Jews as a stepping stone to heaven when the rapture comes, leaving them behind to enter hell, as being pro-Israel or pro-Judaism. But their supporters on the right will NEVER call out their anti-semitism.

REGRETS; Hagee Apologizes to Jews