Trump's Budget

Nicnam

Dec 2013
!
'Since health care spending typically rises more swiftly than the consumer price index"

I'm calling bullshit. Everyone knows that Obamacare fixed this.
Remember the left being so excited when Obamacare passed, everyone was going to get healthcare.

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
Remember the left being so excited when Obamacare passed, everyone was going to get healthcare.
Yeah that was funny, how the democrats passed a republican healthcare plan, created by the health insurance companies, which the republicans let the democrats have because it had the mandate. The mandate was popular with the health insurance companies but unpopular with the american people, because it used the power of government to force people to buy into private markets. then, the coup de grace, after the democrats passed this republican health care plan, the republicans turned around and pinned the blame for the mandate on the democrats.

It really was perfect. the republicans just dunk on the democrats all day long.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
The ACA promised to make healthcare more accessible to more people, and in that regard it did. The number of uninsured people dropped by a lot. And the essential benefits (that everyone uses to some degree) where now, no cost. Which saved everyone a ton of money.

Health care costs were going up even before it was passed.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
The ACA promised to make healthcare more accessible to more people, and in that regard it did. The number of uninsured people dropped by a lot. And the essential benefits (that everyone uses to some degree) where now, no cost. Which saved everyone a ton of money.

You just have to assume so many posters here have no history of ever having had their own healthcare, or they didn't bother to take notice of the rising premiums and copays over the years. I remember when my plan had NO copay.

Apr 2015
Katmandu

The ridiculous minimum levels of service increased the cost of health care for everyone in America.

Apr 2012
It's a huge assumption that Hillary Clinton would have been like her democratic predecessors? I don't see why. She was always way to the right even of Obama, so there's every reason to think that would continue to govern center-right. What makes you think she wouldn't?
Hillary was far left and equally as stupid as Obama