Trump's Budget

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Ever hear of the grand bargain? Obama already tried to basically gut all those programs. Ironically, the republicans protected these programs from Obama by rejecting the deal.

So no, I don't share your doubts. If Hillary had followed precedent, she likely would have gone after these programs just like Obama did. the donors who fund both parties want these programs reduced or eliminated, and I think they felt like the democrats were the better way to get this done since they could serve as a trojan horse. But now here comes Trump, born patsy that he is, and they figure they can just hang it around his neck and send him out to fail.
I know all about the grand bargain and sequestration

But Obama was not proposing the huge cuts like Trump is.

And that is a big difference between the two.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
The ridiculous minimum levels of service increased the cost of health care for everyone in America.
And it was doing the same thing before the ACA was passed.

Between 1983 and 1992, health care costs rose by an average of 9.9 percent each year. Home health care prices increased by 18.3 percent per year. In 1986, Congress passed the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act. It forced hospitals to accept anyone who showed up at the emergency room. If the patient couldn't pay, Medicaid covered it. Prescription drug costs rose by 12.1 percent a year. One reason is that Congress allowed prescription drug companies to advertise on television.

Between 1993 and 2010, prices rose by an average of 6.4 percent a year. In the early 1990s, health insurance companies tried to control costs by spreading the use of HMOs once again. Congress then tried to control costs with the Balanced Budget Act in 1997. Instead, it forced many health care providers out of business. Because of this, Congress relented on payment restrictions in the Balanced Budget Refinement Act in 1999 and the Benefits Improvement and Protection Act of 2000. The Act also extended coverage to children through the Children's Health Insurance Program.

See for Yourself If Obamacare Increased Health Care Costs

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
I know all about the grand bargain and sequestration

But Obama was not proposing the huge cuts like Trump is.

And that is a big difference between the two.
well, that's the point. The republicans open strong. The democrats open weak. happens every time.

personally i think it's because the democrats don't want to win. That actually is a little better than the alternative, which is that they really actually are this bad at negotiating.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
well, that's the point. The republicans open strong. The democrats open weak. happens every time.

personally i think it's because the democrats don't want to win. That actually is a little better than the alternative, which is that they really actually are this bad at negotiating.
If you think the majority of people want to see SS, Medicare and Medicaid drastically cut, then I think you would be wrong.

Actually, he has given them yet another issue to run on now.

Apr 2015
Katmandu
And it was doing the same thing before the ACA was passed.

Between 1983 and 1992, health care costs rose by an average of 9.9 percent each year. Home health care prices increased by 18.3 percent per year. In 1986, Congress passed the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act. It forced hospitals to accept anyone who showed up at the emergency room. If the patient couldn't pay, Medicaid covered it. Prescription drug costs rose by 12.1 percent a year. One reason is that Congress allowed prescription drug companies to advertise on television.

Between 1993 and 2010, prices rose by an average of 6.4 percent a year. In the early 1990s, health insurance companies tried to control costs by spreading the use of HMOs once again. Congress then tried to control costs with the Balanced Budget Act in 1997. Instead, it forced many health care providers out of business. Because of this, Congress relented on payment restrictions in the Balanced Budget Refinement Act in 1999 and the Benefits Improvement and Protection Act of 2000. The Act also extended coverage to children through the Children's Health Insurance Program.

See for Yourself If Obamacare Increased Health Care Costs
Before the ACA employers weren't required to pay for the health care of employee's 25 year old adult children, you think that is free?

The ACA increase ER room use.

There was no inflation of anything after 2008.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Before the ACA employers weren't required to pay for the health care of employee's 25 year old adult children, you think that is free?

The ACA increase ER room use.

There was no inflation of anything after 2008.
LOL - you do know that kids staying on their parent's health insurance is so popular, that even the GOP did not want to strip that away during their "repeal" process right?