TRUMP'S 'CIVIL WAR' QUOTE TWEET IS ACTUALLY GROUNDS FOR IMPEACHMENT, SAYS HARVARD LAW PROFESSOR

Jul 2017
U.S.A.
More nails in this Presidency's coffin?
This kind of talk is asking for unrest and violence.
This tool has to go.

President Donald Trump's recent tweet quoting a longtime evangelical pastor who warned of a "Civil War" if Democrats seriously pursue removing him from office could actually be grounds for impeachment, one Harvard Law professor said.
"If the Democrats are successful in removing the President from office (which they will never be), it will cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal," Trump tweeted on Sunday night.
The president's tweet was immediately met with backlash, and Harvard Law professor John Coates argued that the social media post itself is an "independent basis" for lawmakers to remove him from the White House.
"This tweet is itself an independent basis for impeachment - a sitting president threatening civil war if Congress exercises its constitutionally authorized power," Coates wrote on Twitter on Monday.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Meh. I'm torn on this. But his general assholery in reacting to the proceedings should bother people.

Reactions: Friday13

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I know a little and I see IMPEACHMENT CHARGES growing by the hour--JUST SINCE it was announced he was GOING TO BE impeached.
Yes, every time I look at the news there's another cabinet level official involved. I don't think the wall of silence can hold much longer. Once everyone starts blabbing, it's over. I still figure out why guys like Pompeo & Barr are willing to do the things they do for Trump. Some kind of payoff?

Reactions: charleston2

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Any attempt to actually move on SCHIFF, and possibly even the rhetoric, is ANOTHER OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE CHARGE!
Well, Trump obviously thinks Barr is going to protect him no matter what. Does Trump have dirt on him, you think? I keep wondering if Trump doesn't have his hotels and resorts bugged & is blackmailing Republicans to support him.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Yes, every time I look at the news there's another cabinet level official involved. I don't think the wall of silence can hold much longer. Once everyone starts blabbing, it's over. I still figure out why guys like Pompeo & Barr are willing to do the things they do for Trump. Some kind of payoff?
True. Unfortunately, “ain’t nuthin’ gonna happen”.