Trump's decisive leadership would have saved my Benghazi team

Jan 2011
Boise, Idaho
Yes, Trump is King when it comes to tough talk or pushing a button or giving an order to attack. The problem is never "doing the right thing" the problem is knowing what the right thing is.

Everyone after the fact tells us what they would have done with what they know later on; that doesn't mean that they would have done it or even that it would have been successful.

no one at Benghazi was told to stand down. Do you know what a stand down order is? It's an order not to fight no one was given that order they were told to wait. It makes me incredibly angry that Republicans are willing to lie about the circumstances in order to push an agenda.

As far as the video goes, that entire area was on high alert because of that video. one of the attackers at Benghazi was detained and admitted that this was part of their motivation. They were in a bad mood and were out for blood.

You guys keep mocking the explanation of the video without any proof that people didn't care about it or weren't influenced by it.
Their actions - revealed that they didn't care.

Her lies out of one side of her face while out of the other side of that hag hole she was explaining it was an attack.

Orders to stand down - as many as 3 times. (Not on site - stand down as in do not respond as Trump had troops respond)

"What difference does it make..."

Clearly liberals are so eager to defend politically that
US deaths mean nothing to them. I find this disgusting.

Reactions: Gooseberrymesa
Jul 2019
Atlanta
Their actions - revealed that they didn't care.

Her lies out of one side of her face while out of the other side of that hag hole she was explaining it was an attack.

Orders to stand down - as many as 3 times. (Not on site - stand down as in do not respond as Trump had troops respond)

"What difference does it make..."

Clearly liberals are so eager to defend politically US deaths mean nothing to them. I find this disgusting.
Do you have any idea how vile your accusation is?

Sep 2019
Idaho
No, POST YOUR FACTS and quit telling me where to find something. I already posted mine - post yours.
I'll humor you.
You missed all three of these post?
Fair enough. 3.5 hours from initial call for air support. Plenty of time since the siege went on for thirteen hours.

• Hour 1-2. Given that the distance from AFB Aviano to NAS Sigonella is only 610 miles, the pilot would be able to quickly attain altitude and cruise at above the standard cruising speed of 577 mph. The F-16 would be on the ground at NAS Sigonella within an hour of its departure from AFB Aviano. During this one hour flight two important things would happen:
    1. Via radio the pilot receives a more detailed briefing. The plan – a quick refuelling at NAS Sigonella and an immediate departure for Benghazi to fly a close air support (CAS) mission.
    2. NAS Sigonella is informed of the incoming F-16 and told to prepare for immediate refuelling of the aircraft upon its arrival.
  • Hour 2-2.5. The F-16 arrives at NAS Sigonella and is immediately refuelled. While it’s possible to refuel an F-16 without even stopping the engines (hot-pit refuelling), it’s also possible that NAS Sigonella didn’t have a refuelling team available that was trained for this. Thus, let’s assume that the refuelling process takes a full 30 minutes before the F-16 is again airborne and enroute to Benghazi.
  • Hour 2.5-3.5. Given it is only 468 miles from NAS Sigonella to Benghazi the F-16 is on station and providing close air support within 3.5 hours from the initial order.
So, By What Time Could the F-16s Have Arrived in Benghazi?
Going back to our timeline of the attack (which started at 21:42), we can see that by 21:59 DOD had already redirected a surveillance drone to Benghazi. This quick response is important because is shows us how efficiently orders could get relayed through the DOD chain of command. By 23:00 it was clear to DOD that the attack involved U.S. casualties and was ongoing. In my mind, there is no reason not to have scrambled the F-16s at this point. After all, the worst case would be that the situation resolved and the F-16s would turn around and go home. There was simply no reason not to deploy the F-16s and, conversely, every reason to do so.

Using 23:00 as the departure time, this would have put an F-16 overhead by 02:30 on September 12 – nearly three hours before the attack on the Annex which killed two additional U.S. personnel. Had these F-16s been scrambled it’s very likely that the fatal attack on the Annex would never have occurred. "

The second attack is the one in question here and US jets overhead could have thwarted it but at least you are on the right track now and admit requested air support never came.

Conclusion
The absence of tanker support did not prevent F-16s from being able to provide close air support to U.S. personnel in time to prevent the second attack. Despite the DOD decision to send three teams of ground personnel, none of whom would be able to arrive until the evening of September 12th, no attempt was ever made to move available fighters. This is completely nonsensical.

Clearly the official investigations into Benghazi need to take hard looks at these facts. This hasn’t happened. Either DOD was told to stand-down or there was supreme incompetence that resulted in the deaths of two Americans.

Appendix A – Testimony of Gregory Hicks and Eric Nordstrom Before House Oversight and Governmental Reform Committee

Congressman Elijah Cummings: In the interview with the committee staff you stated, and I quote, “In my personal opinion a fast mover flying over Benghazi at some point, you know, as soon as possible might very well have prevented some of the bad things that happened that night”. Is that right? Did you say that?

Deputy Chief of Mission Gregory Hicks: Yes, sir, I did.

Cummings: And you further stated, and I quote, “I believe that we had been able to scramble a fighter or aircraft or two over Benghazi as quickly as possible after the attack commenced, I believe there would not have been a mortar attack on the Annex in the morning because I believe the Libyans would have split”. Is that right?

Hicks: Yes, sir.
We could have saved Navy Seals in Benghazi’: F-16 pilots in Italy were on standby to help besieged US forces in Libya – but the order to launch never came

Reactions: carpe diem
Jan 2011
Boise, Idaho
Do you have any idea how vile your accusation is?
Do you realize how vile the acts by todays liberal leadership are?

How vile it is to accuse Trump while you are actually doing what you are accusing?

Do you know how vile it is to ignore US citizens call for help...and to not respond because of your politics?

I certainly know how vile today's left is ... How vile it is to ignore journalistic integrity and instead be an eager and willing liberal propaganda machine?

Do not even attempt to act dismayed by vile accusations...when vile acts became routine behaviors by our disgusting liberal leaders.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
Do you realize how vile the acts but todays liberal leadership are?

How vile it is to accuse Trump while you are actually doing what you are accusing?

Do you know how vile it is to ignore US citizens call for help...and to not respond because of your politics?

I certainly know how vile today's left is ... How vile it is to ignore journalistic integrity and instead be an eager and willing liberal propaganda machine?

Do not even attempt to act dismayed by vile accusations...when vile acts became routine behaviors by our disgusting liberal leaders.
Trump can't help himself.. He's been like this since the early 1980s.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59