Trump's leadership discussion

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Some of the best leaders I've known led by example. One thing about Trump is (they say) he never smokes, drinks or does drugs. For me that is one sign of a leader. It shows a dedication to be stronger and sharper then others and never allowing oneself to lose control. We have all seen the embarrassing photos of our most prominent politicians, looking sloshed with a drink in hand (or a joint in hand). I've seen no such photos of Trump. Just one facet of leadership. Just imagine Trump after a pint of rum...scary thought but it would be hilarious.
There are more destructive addictions than just alcohol, drugs * tobacco.
There's everything from sex, to food, and in the case of Trump, IMHO at least, power/money.

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
Smart leaders surround themselves with wise counsel. The ideal advisors are those who challenge the President and if appropriate tell him what he DOES NOT want to hear. President Trump seems to want myrmidons willing to rubber stamp what he wants to do regardless of consequences. Another example of what the President lacks in leadership.

Reactions: Rasselas

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Smart leaders surround themselves with wise counsel. The ideal advisors are those who challenge the President and if appropriate tell him what he DOES NOT want to hear. President Trump seems to want myrmidons willing to rubber stamp what he wants to do regardless of consequences. Another example of what the President lacks in leadership.
Great word! Associated with ants, "hired ruffians," and even "robots."

Trump, though, is less Achilles and more Agamemnon.

Reactions: Jets