Trump's trade war bailout could force the U.S. to borrow more from...

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Um, listen up, pal: The TRADE DEFICIT is worse under Trump than it EVER was under Obama. You know, the trade deficit that your President Trump promised to FIX?!? Have you forgotten about that? It is higher today than at any time since 2008. That was BEFORE Obama took office, see??

Oh, you probably don't 'see'......
So what, that isn't a bad thing, the strong US economy is driving it.

You need to study up on economics, the trade deficit isn't the same thing as the budget deficit.

Jan 2016
Colorado
So what, that isn't a bad thing, the strong US economy is driving it.

You need to study up on economics, the trade deficit isn't the same thing as the budget deficit.
Um, gee, Libertine, I know that the trade deficit and the budget deficit are different things. Too bad you DON'T understand that there is a macroeconomic linkage between them.

Too bad that you don't understand why we ALWAYS consider it a danger sign whenever ANY Third World nation starts running a large trade deficit.

Think about that, and get back to me with a carefully considered response as to WHY you think that is. You say a trade deficit is GOOD for America. OK. Then WHY would it be BAD for a Third World nation to have a trade deficit, genius?

Jan 2016
Colorado
If you knew there was a difference, why are you trying to derail a thread about the national debt?
The THREAD is about Donald Trump's TRADE WARS, which he is presenting to the American public as a 'solution' for our whopping big TRADE DEFICITS. DUH.

Jan 2016
Colorado
If you knew there was a difference, why are you trying to derail a thread about the national debt?
Do you have ANY intention of answering my question, Libertine?

AGAIN: WHY is a trade deficit 'good' for America, but BAD for Third World nations??

Jul 2014
midwest
Um, listen up, pal: The TRADE DEFICIT is worse under Trump than it EVER was under Obama. You know, the trade deficit that your President Trump promised to FIX?!? Have you forgotten about that? It is higher today than at any time since 2008. That was BEFORE Obama took office, see??

Oh, you probably don't 'see'......
Listen up, Pal.

He's YOUR President too.

Unless you are crazy enough to claim he is not.

Yes, some people on this forum are actually crazy enough to make that absurd claim...

Jan 2016
Colorado
Listen up, Pal.

He's YOUR President too.

Unless you are crazy enough to claim he is not.

Yes, some people on this forum are actually crazy enough to make that absurd claim...
I wonder if the REST of my post made ANY impression upon you, in any way, shape, manner, or form.

Indeed I do.