Try to impeach this.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Correct. I know campaigning very well and it's extremely difficult to come back from something like this, especially at the presidential level. Every day a candidate is not out there are votes and money he is losing.

On top of that you have his age and the now apparent health risk which will turn off even more voters. Since Warren is basically an echo chamber for him I don't see how he stays in.
Sanders was losing ground even before this, so I'm not disagreeing with your analysis... sad as I am to say that because Sanders was actually my favorite of the democratic candidates.

May 2012
By the wall
Sanders was losing ground even before this, so I'm not disagreeing with your analysis... sad as I am to say that because Sanders was actually my favorite of the democratic candidates.
I'm just guessing but I get the feeling that the DNC is going with Warren at this point.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
I'm just guessing but I get the feeling that the DNC is going with Warren at this point.
It would surprise me if the DNC got behind anyone but Biden. Warren is on record as endorsing Sander's healthcare plan and the democratic establishment is completely owned by the pharmaceuticals and healthcare industry. So unless she did some kind of back room deal with them assuring them she has no plans to pursue medicare for all I'd be shocked if they were supporting Warren.

May 2012
By the wall
It would surprise me if the DNC got behind anyone but Biden. Warren is on record as endorsing Sander's healthcare plan and the democratic establishment is completely owned by the pharmaceuticals and healthcare industry. So unless she did some kind of back room deal with them assuring them she has no plans to pursue medicare for all I'd be shocked if they were supporting Warren.
Most candidates adjust their stances from campaigning to the general election and then further again once they get into office.

Trump was a major exception to that.

Fighting against your own party for the nomination requires a completely different tactic then fighting against the opposing party. This extremism you are seeing from the left is simply them fighting for votes currently, I doubt any of them will maintain it in the general.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Most candidates adjust their stances from campaigning to the general election and then further again once they get into office.

Trump was a major exception to that.

Fighting against your own party for the nomination requires a completely different tactic then fighting against the opposing party. This extremism you are seeing from the left is simply them fighting for votes currently, I doubt any of them will maintain it in the general.
That's a fair point.

Because Obama did that exact same thing - said he was for medicare for all - then caved to the insurance companies once in office. So I can't refute your point there.

May 2012
By the wall
That's a fair point.

Because Obama did that exact same thing - said he was for medicare for all - then caved to the insurance companies once in office. So I can't refute your point there.
Obama flip flopped on many things. He said he wouldn't sign an agreement with Japan unless they stopped their whaling practice but once he was in office he did anyways which really pissed off the environmentalists. He said he would post every bill online for five days before he signed it to get public feedback but the first bill on his desk he never did. The list is virtually endless with him.

But to be fair, almost all presidents outside of Trump have done the same thing. FDR was another exception. Both of those guys pretty much did what they said they would do or they at least attempted to do it.

Lunchboxxy

Apr 2010
Oregon
Nixon won in a landslide before his impeachment

Trump lost the popular vote by millions

the majority of Americans support not only an impeachment inquiry, but outright removal

so yeah. Impeach that

• Love
Reactions: the bull59

Lunchboxxy

Apr 2010
Oregon
And I still think Harris will ultimately the nomination if not Biden. But it’ll probably be fuckin old man Biden. And it will be black women voters who get him there. They will go with who they think will win. Biden would win pretty handily.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59