Tucker Carlson: Obama-Appointed Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, May Have Committed Perjury In Testimony On Ukraine

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
Warning:

Approach with Caution.

Reading Rep. Lee Zeldin's questions to Maria Yovanovitch from the official transcript on page 213 can be detrimental to one's Willful Ignorance.

Okay, I read that bit. She says she got an email from a staffer at the Foreign Affairs committee asking her to come and have a conversation about something, but she didn't respond and referred it to someone in the State Dept. Is that supposed to contradict a previous part of the testimony, or something? A pointer would help - there's a lot of text to wade through.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Okay, I read that bit. She says she got an email from a staffer at the Foreign Affairs committee asking her to come and have a conversation about something, but she didn't respond and referred it to someone in the State Dept. Is that supposed to contradict a previous part of the testimony, or something? A pointer would help - there's a lot of text to wade through.
They have the email with her response.

She did respond and then denied she had under Oath.

That's called perjury.

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
'Look forward to chatting with you'? It's 5 words long. You couldn't have just typed that rather than making me go and watch two minutes of Tucker Carlson to find out? No one should have to sit through Tucker Carlson.

Some more detail would be useful here. Is that the whole email? Did she write only that and then forward it on just as she described in her testimony, and engage in no further communication with the staffer? Or is that just the end of a long email setting up a meeting? You'd think these details would be useful if we were actually trying to figure out whether she's committed perjury; rather than just flinging shit around randomly to try and discredit people.

Reactions: Friday13 and Marvin