Turkey launches Syrian air strikes

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
You're never going to kill all of ISIS Macduff. We can sit there for another 20 years and that place will still have terrorists (if you want to proof just look at Afghanistan). We've tried this strategy before and it's time we started learning from our mistakes.

The best we can do is decimate their infrastructure (which we've done) and come back home. We can continue to supply the Kurds material support in the meantime. No one is suggesting we stop doing that. In fact Trump has already said clearly he doesn't intend to abandon the Kurds and will continue to send them aid. But it's time we brought our troops home. This is Syria's problem. Not ours. There is no reason why another American should die over there.

Hasn't Afghanistan taught us this?

Reactions: Jeremy

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
Sorry, but if anything has been undermining our credibility it's been all these pointless wars.

Sounds like you're the one who's late to the party to me.
No,, he is correct about trump. It really isn't hard to see, unless you just don't want to.

Reactions: The Man
Nov 2014
North Carolina
Hasn't Afghanistan taught us this?
It has, or at least it should have. But those guys in congress never seem to learn. They just want to keep adding more and more countries to our list of responsibilities to defend when we have more than enough problems here at home we need to be worrying about instead. It's a fucked up situation when our Government is more concerned about Syria's borders than our own.

Maybe we should send congress to Syria and let them defend it instead. After a couple of them get their legs blown off of have their head sliced off by shrapnel I bet they will have a change of heart pretty fast.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
No,, he is correct about trump. It really isn't hard to see, unless you just don't want to.
Why? Because you say so?

Sorry but that's not a very convincing argument.

Last edited:

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
Why? Because you say so?

Sorry but that's not a very convincing argument...
Yes, I say so. But only because it's a fact.
You just refuse to see how much damage trump is doing to our nation. That of course, is to be expected from the trump loyalists.

Reactions: TennesseeRain
Nov 2014
North Carolina
Yes, I say so. But only because it's a fact.
You just refuse to see how much damage trump is doing to our nation. That of course, is to be expected from the trump loyalists.
Again: you're arguments are pathetic. You just label people and then say you're right.

Get some facts and make an actual argument. Otherwise stop wasting my time with your crap. Because I could care less what you think of me or Trump. I'm here to debate. Not listen to how right you think you are.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Turkey under a dictatorship, with any resistant judges and officials now in jail or dead, has completely worn out it's welcome in NATO. The time to kick them out is tomorrow morning.

Im not sending my kids to go die in Syria, but maybe just once the free world could take a moral economic stand when it comes to a violent autocrat.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Turkey under a dictatorship, with any resistant judges and officials now in jail or dead, has completely worn out it's welcome in NATO. The time to kick them out is tomorrow morning.

Im not sending my kids to go die in Syria, but maybe just once the free world could take a moral economic stand when it comes to a violent autocrat.
But that's what this is actually about - sending our kids to go die in Syria.

What ever you and others may think of Turkey is really beside that point. So if you aren't willing to send your kids to go die in Syria (don't worry because I'm not either) why should we expect others to do it? It's time to bring them home.

This isn't our fight and we've already helped the Kurds plenty (and will continue to help them). We don't have to keep dying for them too.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
@Jeremy

Just to illustrate a bit about how I feel about Turkey...

On October 6th, in Russian city of Samara, there was a fight as part of some local Russian MMA tournament; and they were stupid enough to pair up an Armenian fighter against a guy from Turkey

I don't know whose bright idea that was. Everyone in Russia certainly knows about the whole history between the two peoples. Really dumb organizers.

Long story short, the Armenian choked the Turk nearly to death, just wouldn't let him go, the ref couldn't drag him off, had to call other guys into the ring to help him

Turkish guy ended up in hospital, in a coma actually, I believe...

That's how Armenians feel towards Turks, my friend. Me too. If i ever fought one, I would kill him or die myself. No other way. They are enemy to me, their kind, to my kind. That's just the way it is. I don't care about NATO, whatever. I would never support Turkey, on anything.

This is why, I think, it is best you and I just agree to disagree on this question, and I will probably just get out of this whole thread. My emotional feelings on this are just too damn strong...