Turkey launches Syrian air strikes

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Erdogan has come out and said he's going to build a Homeland for ISIS.
I have said it before, he & Putin gonna divide Syria between them like how Germany and Korea were partitioned after WWII. North, mainly Sunnis, under Turkey; South, run by Assad & his Alawites and other Shias, under Russia.

Good news is, they will probably squeeze out the Iranians from there too, they don't want more competition ;) Israel will be happy with that too... :)

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
I have said it before, he & Putin gonna divide Syria between them like how Germany and Korea were partitioned after WWII. North, mainly Sunnis, under Turkey; South, run by Assad & his Alawites and other Shias, under Russia.

Good news is, they will probably squeeze out the Iranians from there too, they don't want more competition ;) Israel will be happy with that too... :)
I have been on the record for supporting a Kurdish state since I joined this forum. This would kill that. Erdogan wants his own terrorist state that he controls. Putin wants his warm water port and expects Trump to give him what he wants. A Kurdistan would not be a threat to Israel.

Reactions: The Man
Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Turkish warplanes have bombed parts of north-eastern Syria at the start of an offensive which could lead to conflict with Kurdish-led allies of the US.

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the operation was to create a "safe zone" cleared of Kurdish militias which will also house Syrian refugees.

According to the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), civilian areas came under attack from Turkish planes. Turkish ground forces have also been massing on the border.

(All "trump bashing" aside for a moment....)

That region (Northern Syria/Northern Iraq) is probably the most complex/confusing/unstable location on the planet. Both from a cultural and political standpoint. It's been that way for a long time, but the last 5-10 years have gotten more weird exponentially. Quite a number of different players and they all have their own agendas. (Commonly violent.)

As an outside player trying to fulfill our own self-interests, the United States has been struggling with "who to align with? Where? And when?"

Not agreeing with Trump's actions here. Or really opposing them, either. The whole district is a cluster fuck....who knows what the best moves are.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
(All "trump bashing" aside for a moment....)

That region (Northern Syria/Northern Iraq) is probably the most complex/confusing/unstable location on the planet. Both from a cultural and political standpoint. It's been that way for a long time, but the last 5-10 years have gotten more weird exponentially. Quite a number of different players and they all have their own agendas. (Commonly violent.)

As an outside player trying to fulfill our own self-interests, the United States has been struggling with "who to align with? Where? And when?"

Not agreeing with Trump's actions here. Or really opposing them, either. The whole district is a cluster fuck....who knows what the best moves are.

The Kurds are the ones in there who align closest with Western moral and cultural values and norms, from democracy to equality of the genders. That's for sure.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
I have been on the record for supporting a Kurdish state since I joined this forum. This would kill that. Erdogan wants his own terrorist state that he controls. Putin wants his warm water port and expects Trump to give him what he wants. A Kurdistan would not be a threat to Israel.
Russia has had control of Port Tarsus since 1971 and it was tiny... Just a half dozen smallish berths. The Russians have since expanded it but I don't know to what extent. I don't think Russia is going anywhere.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
1570642547742.png1570642547742.png

Last edited:
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Erdogan has come out and said he's going to build a Homeland for ISIS.
That should be automatic expulsion from NATO. All NATO members should call an emergency meeting about this. Why arent other NATO countries protecting the Kurds? News showed Canadian and UK troops pulling out as well. Apparently the US wasnt the only ones there, there were several other contingents there too.

May 2016
california
Government troops pull out, mercenaries move in. Could even be the same guys.

Oct 2011
Washington State
Turkish warplanes have bombed parts of north-eastern Syria at the start of an offensive which could lead to conflict with Kurdish-led allies of the US.

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the operation was to create a "safe zone" cleared of Kurdish militias which will also house Syrian refugees.

According to the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), civilian areas came under attack from Turkish planes. Turkish ground forces have also been massing on the border.

Way to go Trump! Another buffoon move. ISIS will re-emerge and the Kurds will get slaughtered.

This was a look over here move by Trump because of the Constitutional Crisis he has put us in. Anything for personal gain.