Turkey's President Tells Crying Girl She Will Be Honored if She is Killed

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
The actual headline is far worse than what I wrote.

Turkey's president sparks outrage after telling crying girl she will be honoured if she is 'martyred' after spotting her in a military uniform

The Turkish president has appeared in a bizarre video in which he assures a sobbing child in military uniform that she would get state honours if killed while fighting.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan was heard commenting: 'If she's martyred, they'll lay a flag on her,' at a televised congress of his AK party.

He made the comment - on live television - in front of cheering supporters who urged him to carry on with the military offensive against Kurdish fighters in Syria's northern Afrin region.

The man is a sick person. Children should not be used politically and this is one of the most extreme examples I have seen in a long while. Another grotesque element of this story is the cheering supporters. WTF?

The many is a tyrant. Turkey can do better.

I think supporting the Kurds is long over do. They have been the most loyal people to the U.S. in that region, yet we just dismiss them, because Turkey is so important.

Sep 2016
My own world

Turkey's president sparks outrage after telling crying girl she will be honoured if she is 'martyred' after spotting her in a military uniform

The Turkish president has appeared in a bizarre video in which he assures a sobbing child in military uniform that she would get state honours if killed while fighting.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan was heard commenting: 'If she's martyred, they'll lay a flag on her,' at a televised congress of his AK party.

He made the comment - on live television - in front of cheering supporters who urged him to carry on with the military offensive against Kurdish fighters in Syria's northern Afrin region.

The man is a sick person. Children should not be used politically and this is one of the most extreme examples I have seen in a long while. Another grotesque element of this story is the cheering supporters. WTF?

I think supporting the Kurds is long over do. They have been the most loyal people to the U.S. in that region, yet we just dismiss them, because Turkey is so important.
I actually I agree with you. I can't believe it either, you actually are on the correct side of an issue for once.

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119

I have advocated for the Kurds for as long as I've know about them.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Turkey doesn't belong in NATO, period. If it about Bosphorus access, invade the fuckers like they invade Syria, Cyprus, etc, kick their ass, and give Constantinople back to Greece, to whom it belongs. Give the Kurds and my fellow Armenians their lands back. The Turks can share whatever is left lol

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

How much is the U.S. to blame for Erdogan coming to power, IYO? I feel like we have fucked up every moderate leader in the region.

Is that too harsh, IYO?

And yes, of course this is revolting.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
How much is the U.S. to blame for Erdogan coming to power, IYO? I feel like we have fucked up every moderate leader in the region.

Is that too harsh, IYO?

And yes, of course this is revolting.
We make all sorts of bad decisions. It's so hard to say, but we certainly have a strong hand in fucking up the entire region from pre-Jimmy Carter to Trump.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Turkey doesn't belong in NATO, period. If it about Bosphorus access, invade the fuckers like they invade Syria, Cyprus, etc, kick their ass, and give Constantinople back to Greece, to whom it belongs. Give the Kurds and my fellow Armenians their lands back. The Turks can share whatever is left lol
Well, I can't say I know enough to agree to all this, but Turkey was a modern European nation until he came to power. It's bad enough we prop up murdering fuckwhits like Duterte in the Philippines but at least we didn't set human rights there back by 14 centuries.

I suspect we had a fucked up, stupid policy goal as to Pakistan and it created this situation in Turkey.....but I don't really know.