'Two and a Half Men' Angus T. Jones urges fans to stop watching, calls show 'filth

Nov 2008
Washington state
Move over Charlie Sheen. Another “Two and a Half Men” controversy is exploding.
Angus T. Jones, who has played the role of Jake Harper on the hit CBS show since 2003 and reportedly earns $350,000 an episode, is featured in a new video for the Forerunner Christian Church, in which he calls the sitcom “filth” that contradicts his devout Christian values.
That’s not all. The 19-year-old actor even urges fans to stop watching.
"I'm on 'Two and a Half Men' and I don't want to be on it,” he said. "If you watch 'Two and a Half Men,' please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch."
Jones goes on to express guilt that his profession may be inflicting serious damage on its audience.
"If I am doing any harm, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be contributing to the enemy's plan ... You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't,” he continued. “I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the Bible says and being on that television show."

Read more: Star of 'Two and a Half Men' Angus T. Jones urges fans to stop watching, calls show 'filth' | Fox News

Angus Jones got a conscience about what he's promoting on Two and One Half men and told his audience to quit watching. He bases his values on the Bible and doesn't want to do harm to anyone. Do you agree with what he's doing or do you think this another Charlie Sheen stunt?

Attachments

Aug 2012
Move over Charlie Sheen. Another “Two and a Half Men” controversy is exploding.
Angus T. Jones, who has played the role of Jake Harper on the hit CBS show since 2003 and reportedly earns $350,000 an episode, is featured in a new video for the Forerunner Christian Church, in which he calls the sitcom “filth” that contradicts his devout Christian values.
That’s not all. The 19-year-old actor even urges fans to stop watching.
"I'm on 'Two and a Half Men' and I don't want to be on it,” he said. "If you watch 'Two and a Half Men,' please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch."
Jones goes on to express guilt that his profession may be inflicting serious damage on its audience.
"If I am doing any harm, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be contributing to the enemy's plan ... You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't,” he continued. “I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the Bible says and being on that television show."

Read more: Star of 'Two and a Half Men' Angus T. Jones urges fans to stop watching, calls show 'filth' | Fox NewsView attachment 3406

Angus Jones got a conscience about what he was promoting on Two and One Half men and told his audience to quit watching. He bases his value on the Bible and doesn't want to do harm to anyone. Do you agree with what he's doing or do you think this another Charlie Sheen stunt?
so its not okay for us to watch it but okay for him to make it?? lol typical Christian hypocricy

Nov 2008
Washington state
so its not okay for us to watch it but okay for him to make it?? lol typical Christian hypocricy
I would say this is his parting statement. A producer wouldn't want this type of publicity. Jones grew up got a conscience about what he's doing. Adults do that, responsiblie ones anyway.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Yes, it's very easy to light up somebody once they've already given you tens of millions of dollars and you no longer have any use for them.

But of course, he's a God-fearing Christian, and even soul-deep hypocrisy can be forgiven, right?

I don't even watch the show, never have sat through a single episode... but I don't need to be a fan to know this guy is full of shit.

Reactions: whitedog
Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
He's got a year's contract left to run, Maybe he should have thought this through. But then his "church" put this on youtube, maybe he has less control than he thinks.

Aug 2012
I would say this is his parting statement. A producer wouldn't want this type of publicity. Jones grew up got a conscience about what he's doing. Adults do that, responsiblie ones anyway.
feel free to publish his letter of resignation.!! hahaahahahahahaahahaha

Nov 2008
Washington state
Yes, it's very easy to light up somebody once they've already given you tens of millions of dollars and you no longer have any use for them.

But of course, he's a God-fearing Christian, and even soul-deep hypocrisy can be forgiven, right?

I don't even watch the show, never have sat through a single episode... but I don't need to be a fan to know this guy is full of shit.
Well maybe he's thinking his confession of his faults might make what he thinks is wrong will become right. Donating all his money would send a bigger message or he will look like a hypocrite.

Reactions: NewPublius
Nov 2008
Washington state
He's got a year's contract left to run, Maybe he should have thought this through. But then his "church" put this on youtube, maybe he has less control than he thinks.
Pretty sure they can break a contract if there is an action like this. Charlie Sheen was cut off his contract due to his actions

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
This is interesting: though he is a Chistian fundie, if you guys are to be believed, according to Wikipedia

Jones also supports the anti-bullying alliance co-founded by The Creative Coalition and WWE, B.A. Star whose mission is to ensure a positive and equitable social environment for everyone regardless of age, race, religion or sexual orientation through grassroots efforts beginning with education and awareness.
Angus T. Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aren't Christian fundamentalists, and indeed all religious fundamentalists, supposed to be homophobes?