Two FCC Commissioners Face Federal Investigations Over Ethics Violations, Criminal Br

Feb 2007
In my mind
I don't know.

Seems fairly clear cut, as the guy literally says folks should vote for Trump.

What on earth would posses someone to do something so blatantly unethical?

Watchdog group says FCC commissioner violated Hatch Act at CPAC
FCC Commissioner Michael O'Rielly was asked a question during a panel about how the independent agency can avoid "regulatory ping pong" every election cycle.

To start his answer, O'Rielly said, "I think what we can do is make sure as conservatives that we elect good people to both the House, the Senate, and make sure that President Trump gets re-elected."

Reactions: 3 people

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Cracks me up how they seem to think we can't see what they say and do at CPAC.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
all they have to do is say they're following the example of the guy at the top. We all know that Trump thinks loyalty is the only qualification you need to be in his administration.

Reactions: 1 person
Sep 2014
Barsoom
This will be hard to stick. He was asked a question and answered. The Hatch Act prohibits "influence an election or nomination." The 2020 election is not being influenced this week by any statement by the FCC. Was he on duty and representing the government in his official capacity? A common award that is given out is not a gift.

Reactions: 1 person

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
This will be hard to stick. He was asked a question and answered. The Hatch Act prohibits "influence an election or nomination." The 2020 election is not being influenced this week by any statement by the FCC. Was he on duty and representing the government in his official capacity? A common award that is given out is not a gift.
:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Feb 2007
In my mind
Right.