Two months from today is the Iowa Caucuses, Biden still leads, Warren falls

Sep 2016
My own world
My best guess is that Warren and Sanders supporters will vote for Warren and Sanders. Do you expect one of the two to drop out and endorse the other?
The convention will be interesting. I suspect there will only be 4 with any hope of getting a coalition. Which 4 and if two of those 4 will be what I call Republican light is anybody's guess.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The convention will be interesting. I suspect there will only be 4 with any hope of getting a coalition. Which 4 and if two of those 4 will be what I call Republican light is anybody's guess.
There does seem to be more talk of a brokered convention in 2020 since there could be multiple winners in many states and nobody reaches the necessary number. But there always seems to be talk of that and it rarely ever happens.

Sep 2016
My own world
There does seem to be more talk of a brokered convention in 2020 since there could be multiple winners in many states and nobody reaches the necessary number. But there always seems to be talk of that and it rarely ever happens.
Maybe, but there has to be a first for everything. This might be the case were it makes most sense all the way around.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Maybe, but there has to be a first for everything. This might be the case were it makes most sense all the way around.
That would be very chaotic. Sanders isnt likely to be very quiet about that. lol

Jun 2014
United States

There are rumors of a brokered convention in almost every presidential election cycle. Do you know how long it's been since we actually had a brokered convention?

Jun 2014
United States

I fully expect the candidate to win the primary elections prior to the convention.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
There are rumors of a brokered convention in almost every presidential election cycle. Do you know how long it's been since we actually had a brokered convention?
Yes at least 50 years ago. Thats why I said it rarely ever happens. But people seem to always think it will.

Jun 2014
United States
Yes at least 50 years ago. Thats why I said it rarely ever happens. But people seem to always think it will.

Some people do. Some people also refuse to have their kids vaccinated. Irrational paranoia is hardly in short supply in the US these days.

The last brokered convention occurred in 1952. Adlai Stevenson won the Democratic Party nomination and went on to win 9 states in the general election. Ironically, those 9 states were in the Solid South.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Anyone see this article? Also watched a panel on CNN earlier today, some in the media are trying to say Bloomberg will be like Trump and pull out a surprise win.