U.N. About Broke; Trump Refuses to Pay What U.S. Owes

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
No wonder Trump does not want to pay them. I mean the UN is pretty instrumental in human rights and poverty across the world among other things.

But screw them right?

Next, it will be Nato and then all the global safeguards that we have enjoyed since WW2 will be gone.

Putin got far more in return than he ever hoped for.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
That's been going on for several decades now. Note that the US isn't the only one not paying into the UN. While I'll be the first one to agree that Rex Tillerson was correct about Trump, blaming Trump for the UN problems isn't very truthful nor fair.

The United States is the largest provider of financial contributions to the United Nations, providing 22 percent of the entire UN budget in 2017 (in comparison the next biggest contributor is China with 12.5 percent, while EU countries pay a total of above 30 percent)

View attachment 29253
I love how that's got "US is the largest individual provider with 22 percent" in huge bold letters, and "EU countries combined pay 30 percent" hidden way down in the weeds.

Reactions: Hollywood
Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
The U.N. is a waste of our money. They are evil and worthless. Obama Hillary and the globalists would keep selling out and paying them

Reactions: Jeremy

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
The U.N. is a waste of our money. They are evil and worthless. Obama Hillary and the globalists would keep selling out and paying them

Seriously???

Wow, seems like a lot of people here don't understand what they actually do...and how important they are to the world order that we know.

But anything to support their dear leader, no matter how awful it might be.

Reactions: OldGaffer
Jan 2019
southeast
Seriously???

Wow, seems like a lot of people here don't understand what they actually do...and how important they are to the world order that we know.

But anything to support their dear leader, no matter how awful it might be.
So tell us all about what they have done in recent years

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
I love how that's got "US is the largest individual provider with 22 percent" in huge bold letters, and "EU countries combined pay 30 percent" hidden way down in the weeds.
All of the EU countries. Most of the problems are in their own front yards. The UN was started, just like the League of Nations, because the Euros couldn't control themselves.

Let the US pay off its debt then withdraw from the UN. If the Euros think it's such a great idea, let them pay the US share.

The US can do better working through NATO.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Go read your history books. It was started to avoid WWIII, I'd say that's been a success, Want to close it and role the dice?
Yes. The UN did nothing to prevent that. It was the genius of Ronald Reagan.