U. of Alabama SGA Threatens Trump Protesters at Next Football Game With Loss of Future Tickets

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

"The Student Government Association at the University of Alabama is warning groups that protesting President Trump during the Tide’s Saturday game vs. LSU could result in loss of reserved seating for the remainder of the season.

*Skip*"

Dafuq? How could this be constitutional?

Your thoughts?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire

"The Student Government Association at the University of Alabama is warning groups that protesting President Trump during the Tide’s Saturday game vs. LSU could result in loss of reserved seating for the remainder of the season.

*Skip*"

Your thoughts?
Interesting. Not sure about this. I assume its a private organization and they can control their groups in certain ways that otherwise would be allowed.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work

*Skip*"

Your thoughts?
I think the more important question is when did Student Government Associations actually get governmental powers to punish students? Weren't they just supposed to be the students' representatives to the Administration?

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
I think the more important question is when did Student Government Associations actually get governmental powers to punish students? Weren't they just supposed to be the students' representatives to the Administration?
Aren't many involved in Title 9 investigations and stuff too?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Whoopsie-daisy!

"*Skip*

In a separate statement, Jackson Fuentes, SGA Press Secretary, said "The SGA strongly affirms its belief in free speech and the rights of all students to express their opinions. Today’s report erroneously assigned a political context to a message meant only to remind students about heightened security and the consequences of altercations or other behaviors unbecoming of a University of Alabama student, as defined in the Capstone Creed.

“We look forward to cheering on the Crimson Tide, alongside the student body, on Saturday afternoon.”

*Skip*"

(Article linked in the Op.)

Lol! If the kids weren't planning to protest Trump before this, I bet they are now.