Ugggg. Lady thethering her dog in the smoking area while she smokes.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Dogs have a very sensitive sense of smell. So, tethering them there like that while she smokes is just cruel. JMO. They also don't like to be tethered to stationary objects. They tend to get protective of their "territory" being stuck there like that where they can't retreat or escape. Plus it causes anxiety. Sure enough, these poor dogs bark incessantly at anyone that's walking by. Especially, if they also have dogs with them. They also bark at people in wheelchairs for some strange reason. In the state of Cali this is illegal. Last I heard animal control had been called on her. But, today when I happened to walk by while visiting a friend I saw she was at it again. Bothered me enough to start a thread about it. Because, I can't stand it when I see an animal mistreated.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Dogs have a very sensitive sense of smell. So, tethering them there like that while she smokes is just cruel. JMO. They also don't like to be tethered to stationary objects. They tend to get protective of their "territory" being stuck there like that where they can't retreat or escape. Plus it causes anxiety. Sure enough, these poor dogs bark incessantly at anyone that's walking by. Especially, if they also have dogs with them. They also bark at people in wheelchairs for some strange reason. In the state of Cali this is illegal. Last I heard animal control had been called on her. But, today when I happened to walk by while visiting a friend I saw she was at it again. Bothered me enough to start a thread about it. Because, I can't stand it when I see an animal mistreated.
If this smoking area is outdoors am not seeing it being any measurable concern for the dog.

Mar 2010
Indiana
I've see up to three dogs in a car while the owner smokes away with the windows up. It's disgusting, but then I find the habit of smoking not only disgusting but stupid. Too pay a ridiculous amount of money for a product who will cause you to be dead early is just beyond stupid.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
So do you think smokers should not be allowed to adopt dogs from a shelter?

Jul 2015
Florida
I've see up to three dogs in a car while the owner smokes away with the windows up. It's disgusting, but then I find the habit of smoking not only disgusting but stupid. Too pay a ridiculous amount of money for a product who will cause you to be dead early is just beyond stupid.
Spoken by a person who was never addicted to the GD things! I kicked it but it was a bitch!!