(Uh oh, wooing the JEWS isn't working) "American Jews OVERWHELMINGLY rejecting TRUMP" (VID)

Jul 2015
Florida
There's video from The HILL. The young lady says it with a straight face when asked by the anchor, 'there is talk about President Trump making inroads with the Jewish Community' to which she replies, 'yes, he started it'. I don't think she meant it to be funny, but I laughed.

Dem strategist says American Jews have 'overwhelmingly' rejected Trump

5/10/2019

Democratic strategist Halie Soifer said on Friday that Jewish Americans have "overwhelmingly rejected" President Trump, despite the strong support he's shown for the Israeli government.

"Out of every faith community, the Jewish community has overwhelmingly rejected Trump," Soifer, executive director of the Jewish Democratic Council of America, told Hill.TV's Jamal Simmons on "What America's Thinking."

"Consistently," she added. " [In] '16 and '18, and will do so again in 2020."

Trump has pushed the narrative that he has made inroads with the Jewish community, citing his administration's strong ties with Israel and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The president successfully pushed for the U.S. Embassy in Israel to be moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, and in March he moved to have the U.S. officially recognize Israel's claim over the hotly contested Golan Heights.

Trump also terminated America's involvement in the Iran nuclear deal, the creation of which had been strongly opposed by Israel.

However, Soifer said that despite Trump's foreign policy moves, Republicans continue to lose support from the Jewish community in the U.S.

"It's patently false because all of the evidence has shown that, actually, the Republican Party has lost support from Jews since he's been president," Soifer said. "They should be concerned."

— Julia Manchester

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...rejected-trump

Mar 2019
DE, US
There's video from The HILL. The young lady says it with a straight face when asked by the anchor, 'there is talk about President Trump making inroads with the Jewish Community' to which she replies, 'yes, he started it'. I don't think she meant it to be funny, but I laughed.​
Dem strategist says American Jews have 'overwhelmingly' rejected Trump
5/10/2019​
Democratic strategist Halie Soifer said on Friday that Jewish Americans have "overwhelmingly rejected" President Trump, despite the strong support he's shown for the Israeli government.
"Out of every faith community, the Jewish community has overwhelmingly rejected Trump," Soifer, executive director of the Jewish Democratic Council of America, told Hill.TV's Jamal Simmons on "What America's Thinking."
"Consistently," she added. " [In] '16 and '18, and will do so again in 2020."
Trump has pushed the narrative that he has made inroads with the Jewish community, citing his administration's strong ties with Israel and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
The president successfully pushed for the U.S. Embassy in Israel to be moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, and in March he moved to have the U.S. officially recognize Israel's claim over the hotly contested Golan Heights.
Trump also terminated America's involvement in the Iran nuclear deal, the creation of which had been strongly opposed by Israel.
However, Soifer said that despite Trump's foreign policy moves, Republicans continue to lose support from the Jewish community in the U.S.
"It's patently false because all of the evidence has shown that, actually, the Republican Party has lost support from Jews since he's been president," Soifer said. "They should be concerned."
— Julia Manchester
OK, America has about as many Jews as Israel. I'm an Evangelical Christian and there are plenty of them living in America. Politically, I wouldn't worry about Jews loving tRump, I'd go after all those Christians who don't like lies, Nazis, Commies, Russians, you name it and all those other bad things.

Have you noticed how Russian influence has been involved in our politics for many years, long before any modern election? It's like those asswholes don't have anything better to do with their lives. Only a very small portion of rich people support that nonsense they spew. Take the high ground and fight.

Reactions: jorae and MaryAnne
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
OK, America has about as many Jews as Israel. I'm an Evangelical Christian and there are plenty of them living in America. Politically, I wouldn't worry about Jews loving tRump, I'd go after all those Christians who don't like lies, Nazis, Commies, Russians, you name it and all those other bad things.

Have you noticed how Russian influence has been involved in our politics for many years, long before any modern election? It's like those asswholes don't have anything better to do with their lives. Only a very small portion of rich people support that nonsense they spew. Take the high ground and fight.
The average Jewish person is not only smart, but well educated. They know truth. The reason most always vote Democrat. They know a Con job when they see one.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
American Jews aren't real Jews.
Your logical fallacy is: The No True Scotsman Fallacy

You made what could be called an appeal to purity as a way to dismiss relevant criticisms or flaws of your argument.

In this form of faulty reasoning one's belief is rendered unfalsifiable because no matter how compelling the evidence is, one simply shifts the goalposts so that it wouldn't apply to a supposedly 'true' example. This kind of post-rationalization is a way of avoiding valid criticisms of one's argument.

Example: Angus declares that Scotsmen do not put sugar on their porridge, to which Lachlan points out that he is a Scotsman and puts sugar on his porridge. Furious, like a true Scot, Angus yells that no true Scotsman sugars his porridge.

Reactions: Blues63 and jorae
Jul 2011
Tennessee
A totally over stated position.

If you believe be in it, then at some point not a single Jewish person will vote for a republican.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
The average Jewish person is not only smart, but well educated. They know truth. The reason most always vote Democrat. They know a Con job when they see one.
Exactly.
People with college and post-graduate degrees are more likely to lean progressive than conservative (Source: Pew Research).
American Jews are far more likely to hold college and post-graduate degrees than the general U.S. population (Source: Pew Research).

Therefore, Jews are more likely to lean progressive than conservative. This correlates perfectly with this chart (also Pew Research) which shows that Jews, Hindus, etc. are all more likely to lean progressive.