UK drone laws

May 2012
By the wall
Well they don't seem like unreasonable laws.

And most laws carry massive fines but its rarely ever enforced.

Basically they just want you to register your big drones.

I don't really have a problem with this.

Personally I wouldn't want to be flying down the freeway having a big drone in front of my car.

Nov 2015
UK
Well they don't seem like unreasonable laws.

And most laws carry massive fines but its rarely ever enforced.

Basically they just want you to register your big drones.

I don't really have a problem with this.

Personally I wouldn't want to be flying down the freeway having a big drone in front of my car.
The thing is, many get less time mugging an old woman.

Nov 2010
Good grief, you can be jailed for upto 5 years for flying a drone weighing over 250 grams if you don't comply with the law.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/drone-drones-new-laws-rules-14967328

Stupidity continues.
Why is it stupid? They can interfere with aircraft, they can fall and land on someone, they can be armed with explosives or other weapons, used to spy on people, etc. You say "stupidity continues" yet all you did was post a link and write "stupidity continues," or are you referring to your op?

Nov 2015
UK
Why is it stupid? They can interfere with aircraft, they can fall and land on someone, they can be armed with explosives or other weapons, used to spy on people, etc. You say "stupidity continues" yet all you did was post a link and write "stupidity continues," or are you referring to your op?
I've highlighted the stupid part.

May 2012
By the wall
Well the drone issue is fairly new and its only going to increase so there will be lots of trial and error as we work out the regulations.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida