Uncle tries out new gun cleaning kit Xmas day, shoots 2 year old in the FACE

Jul 2015
Florida
Don't you just hate when that happens. Of course it has NOTHING to do with guns. (PS in MY STATE, pediatricians are LEGALLY BARRED from asking if there are guns in the house on their little patients information sheet). Oh yeah, the uncle won't be charged.

Uncle accidentally shoots 2-year-old niece in the face while trying out new Christmas gift

Eric W. Dolan ERIC W. DOLAN
27 DEC 2015 AT 17:35 ET

A 2-year-old girl in Oregon was rushed to the hospital after being shot in the face on Christmas morning by her uncle.

The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office said officers received a 911 call just after 11:00 a.m. on Friday informing them that a child had been shot in the face with a handgun. The shooting occurred at a home near Molalla.

The uncle who shot her, 24-year-old Luke Andrew Bowman, reportedly was cleaning a .45 caliber handgun when it went off, striking the girl in the cheek.

A sheriff’s deputy told KGW the uncle had been given a gun cleaning kit for Christmas.

The girl was flown to a Portland area hospital to undergoing surgery. She is expected to survive.

The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office said no criminal charges had been filed.

Uncle accidentally shoots 2-year-old niece in the face while trying out new Christmas gift

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2010
Ohio
Don't you just hate when that happens. Of course it has NOTHING to do with guns. (PS in MY STATE, pediatricians are LEGALLY BARRED from asking if there are guns in the house on their patient information sheet). Oh yeah, the uncle won't be charged.

Eric W. Dolan ERIC W. DOLAN
27 DEC 2015 AT 17:35 ET

A 2-year-old girl in Oregon was rushed to the hospital after being shot in the face on Christmas morning by her uncle.

The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office said officers received a 911 call just after 11:00 a.m. on Friday informing them that a child had been shot in the face with a handgun. The shooting occurred at a home near Molalla.

The uncle who shot her, 24-year-old Luke Andrew Bowman, reportedly was cleaning a .45 caliber handgun when it went off, striking the girl in the cheek.

A sheriff’s deputy told KGW the uncle had been given a gun cleaning kit for Christmas.

The girl was flown to a Portland area hospital to undergoing surgery. She is expected to survive.

The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office said no criminal charges had been filed.

Your right it has nothing to do with guns.

In other news several drunk drivers killed others in automobiles this past christmas which has nothing to do with cars

Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2006
I think he got the gun to keep the 2 yr old "safer". Oh well, sounds like she may be safe from the dumbshit now.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
... In other news several drunk drivers killed others in automobiles this past christmas which has nothing to do with cars
Cars are dangerous - but as technology improves, we add features to them to mitigate the risk they pose to other people. Airbags. Seatbelts. Headlights. Rear-facing cameras. Brakelights. Crash-resistant frames. None of these things improve mileage, or enable the car to go faster. These increasingly-mandatory add-ons are for safety. And you're required to have your car regularly inspected - if these safety devices are not fully-functional, your car will not pass, and you will be required to have it fixed before you take it on the road again.

If someone invents a car that is somehow incapable of hurting pedestrians, the inventor would win awards.

But if someone produces a gun with biometric locks, such that it will only fire in the owner's hands, it'll never sell. Guns are not DESIGNED for anyone's safety, and attempts to change this are met with strong resistance.

This is why you can't compare cars and guns.

Reactions: 7 people
Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program

In other news several drunk drivers killed others in automobiles this past christmas which has nothing to do with cars
It's funny how you mention cars which require registrations and inspections and drivers who require periodic testing, training and insurance.

Reactions: 13 people
Jul 2015
Florida

I can't believe how OFTEN gun lovers put up that THAT STUPID ASS ANALOGY and fail to filter it through their 'logical brains'.

CARS AREN'T DESIGNED TO KILL. Guns are!!

Mass stupidity. It is mind-boggling.

Reactions: 8 people
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I blame every adult in this story. Where were the baby's parents? No fucking way would anyone have a gun out in a room with my child.

How horrible. I hope they ALL get sent to prison for felony child neglect.

Reactions: 1 person