United States To Be World's Top Oil Producer In 2015

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
But I thought Obama was trying to stop all oil production in this country, lol.

Reactions: 1 person

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
It is mainly happening on private land, but, you knew that when you made the post.

We are becoming a top producer in spite of Obama.
The Center for Western Priorities took maps of the shale formations – such the Marcellus in Pennsylvania, the Bakken in North Dakota and the Niobrara in Colorado – and overlaid maps of federal public lands.

The conclusion was that nationally 93 percent of the shale oil and mixed oil-gas plays and 90 percent of the pure shale natural gas plays were not on federal land.

The Congressional Research Service report echoed those findings staying:

“Any increase in production of natural gas on federal lands is likely to be easily outpaced by increases on non-federal lands, particularly because shale plays are primarily situated on nonfederal lands and is where most of the growth in production is projected to occur.”
US oil and gas drilling moving to private land where the shale is

Yes, I knew that. But it's not because of Obama. Did you know that?

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
It doesn't really matter, it will do nothing for the costs, and we have deals....

Before I go on, some trouble brewing between the Saudis and the US. Now I'll continue.

We have deals with Saudi Arabia and a couple other nations. It was struck in the 70's. Anyway, we are obligated to buy their oil, and in turn they buy the t-bill.

Now on that trouble, the Saudis aren't buying the t-bill anymore. A huge rift with Obama over this, and this is causing support for Obama's treasonous war with Syria to become nonexistent by the Saudis. They are dealing with China and Russia. The t-bill doesn't stack up to their bonds.

Still, oil prices are determined in NYC by the oil cartels. When that shit hits the world market, then that's price you pay. The only way this could be good news for Average Joe, believe this or not, is to nationalize the oil companies. No one wants that.

More US oil production will mean more for producers, but even that is a rough. You can only use so much oil. The shit is plentiful. The US oil companies is a farce. They are in fact multinational oil companies. Now you must ask yourselves, are they going to produce less somewhere else and more from here or not. I think perhaps a little for the sake of shipping alone, but that wont amount to much. Hell I thin it is like 50% of US oil production is already exported, I could be high there, but a large percentage of each well is earmarked for foreign sales.....you know, keeping it on the world market. If this nation was really serious, then those sales would be vastly reduced and exports would follow suit.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
The fact that it is profitable to suck oil out of shale means it'll never really be cheap again. And you're right, Mike, it doesn't really matter how much is produced in the US. The oil companies are multi-nationals and ALL oil goes out onto the world market and the price is determined out there.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
It is mainly happening on private land, but, you knew that when you made the post.

We are becoming a top producer in spite of Obama.
Why in the fuck would I care whether it is happening on private land or public land? You understand that EPA regulations and so forth apply to private land as well as public land, right? So what do you mean by this "in spite of Obama" crap?