Unreliable Nature Of Solar And Wind Makes Electricity More Expensive, New Study Finds

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Lmao... It took you weeks to highlight that irrelevance.

Hilarious how you don't even know how you just fucking proved the point I was making. NO SAFETY STANDARDS.
I was away for ten days; I have a life outside of you, ya know.

My point is that there are rather strict safety standards. You can't just manufacture your own GMO product and place it on the market without a thorough FDA review.

4. How is the safety of food from a genetically engineered plant evaluated?

Evaluating the safety of food from a genetically engineered plant is a comprehensive process that includes several steps. Generally, the developer identifies the distinguishing attributes of new genetic traits and assesses whether any new material that a person consumed in food made from the genetically engineered plants could be toxic or allergenic. The developer also compares the levels of nutrients in the new genetically engineered plant to traditionally bred plants. This typically includes such nutrients as fiber, protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals. The developer includes this information in a safety assessment, which FDA’s Biotechnology Evaluation Team then evaluates for safety and compliance with the law.

FDA teams of scientists knowledgeable in genetic engineering, toxicology, chemistry, nutrition, and other scientific areas as needed carefully evaluate the safety assessments taking into account relevant data and information.

FDA considers a consultation to be complete only when its team of scientists are satisfied with the developer’s safety assessment and have no further questions regarding safety or regulatory issues. Please see Consultations on Food from New Plant Varieties for a list of completed consultations.
Source - FDA.gov

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
I was away for ten days; I have a life outside of you, ya know.

My point is that there are rather strict safety standards. You can't just manufacture your own GMO product and place it on the market without a thorough FDA review.

Source - FDA.gov
*facepalm*

I'm going to bottom line this for you since this thread isn't even about GMO's.

Monsanto executives were running the FDA when they created the rules for Monsanto to operate. They decided that their products did not require safety testing.

You're right though, you or I cannot compete, even with the expertise and equipment. Not the same for those producing the food, they got exemptions passed for themselves, for profit not progress.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
*facepalm*

I'm going to bottom line this for you since this thread isn't even about GMO's.

Monsanto executives were running the FDA when they created the rules for Monsanto to operate. They decided that their products did not require safety testing.

You're right though, you or I cannot compete, even with the expertise and equipment. Not the same for those producing the food, they got exemptions passed for themselves, for profit not progress.
Can you name one or two of the Monsanto executives who were running the FDA when the "rules were created?" And since your wording suggests that Monsanto executives are no longer running the FDA - why haven't the rules been revised? You are talking out of your ass. You have no links, no verifiable facts to back up any of your claims.

The only person I'm aware of who ever worked for both the FDA and Monsanto is Michael R. Taylor - who (according to court decisions) recused himself from all decisions that could potentially be considered conflicts of interest. Is that it? Is Taylor the "executives" you speak of, or are there others? Furthermore, he retired several years ago, so there's nothing stopping the FDA from revising their rules. Unless, you have more nameless Monsanto bogeymen lurking in the shadows.

Reactions: BitterPill
Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Can you name one or two of the Monsanto executives who were running the FDA when the "rules were created?" And since your wording suggests that Monsanto executives are no longer running the FDA - why haven't the rules been revised? You are talking out of your ass. You have no links, no verifiable facts to back up any of your claims.

The only person I'm aware of who ever worked for both the FDA and Monsanto is Michael R. Taylor - who (according to court decisions) recused himself from all decisions that could potentially be considered conflicts of interest. Is that it? Is Taylor the "executives" you speak of, or are there others? Furthermore, he retired several years ago, so there's nothing stopping the FDA from revising their rules. Unless, you have more nameless Monsanto bogeymen lurking in the shadows.
I know, and you keep pushing the sales pitch as though that's the product. There's no room for facts to support GMO as safe products...

Nov 2008
Washington state
You've obviously never been to the Pacific Northwest.
I have lived in the Pacific Northwest all my life. Lots of grey days here especially in the winters. I have solar panels on my Motorhome and during the winter here its almost useless. In Arizona I could be down 45 amp hours in my solar system and it would be recharged in 2 to 3 hours. The Pacific Northwest in the Winter it wouldn't charge back 10 amp hours in a day if your lucky

Jan 2018
The greatest place in America, California
I have lived in the Pacific Northwest all my life. Lots of grey days here especially in the winters. I have solar panels on my Motorhome and during the winter here its almost useless. In Arizona I could be down 45 amp hours in my solar system and it would be recharged in 2 to 3 hours. The Pacific Northwest in the Winter it wouldn't charge back 10 amp hours in a day if your lucky
I am in California and when it rains or is foggy my system still makes power.