Unreliable Nature Of Solar And Wind Makes Electricity More Expensive, New Study Finds

Nov 2008
Washington state
And what is wrong with that? If i really needed more power in those situations i would just add panels.
Nothing at all. I had my Motorhome audited for electrical use. How many watts each item would use. This helped determine the watts in solar panels I needed and the amount on batteries I needed to store power. If it’s a dark cloudy day more panels doesn’t help much. This is where a larger bank of batteries would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Nothing at all. I had my Motorhome audited for electrical use. How many watts each item would use. This helped determine the watts in solar panels I needed and the amount on batteries I needed to store power. If it’s a dark cloudy day more panels doesn’t help much. This is where a larger bank of batteries would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Solar panels can operate at 25% effectiveness on a cloudy day. That's better than "not much"

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Mr Google said there was 50% more solar PV generation in the US than Germany in 2019 when I checked your silly claim. Prove me wrong.
Do you mean generation or capacity? People like to exchange these terms.

Because of geography; if Germany and the US had the same installed capacity, the US would still see higher electrical generation.