Unreliable Nature Of Solar And Wind Makes Electricity More Expensive, New Study Finds

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
I know, and you keep pushing the sales pitch as though that's the product. There's no room for facts to support GMO as safe products...
Right... So do you have the names of other Monsanto executives in high-ranking positions at the FDA, or not?

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
And what is wrong with that? If i really needed more power in those situations i would just add panels.
I agree. Germany is farther north than almost all of the continental USA, yet collects more energy from solar panels.

Reactions: BigBob
Nov 2008
Washington state
And what is wrong with that? If i really needed more power in those situations i would just add panels.
Nothing at all. I had my Motorhome audited for electrical use. How many watts each item would use. This helped determine the watts in solar panels I needed and the amount on batteries I needed to store power. If it’s a dark cloudy day more panels doesn’t help much. This is where a larger bank of batteries would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Nothing at all. I had my Motorhome audited for electrical use. How many watts each item would use. This helped determine the watts in solar panels I needed and the amount on batteries I needed to store power. If it’s a dark cloudy day more panels doesn’t help much. This is where a larger bank of batteries would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Solar panels can operate at 25% effectiveness on a cloudy day. That's better than "not much"

Reactions: BigBob
Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Mr Google said there was 50% more solar PV generation in the US than Germany in 2019 when I checked your silly claim. Prove me wrong.
Do you mean generation or capacity? People like to exchange these terms.

Because of geography; if Germany and the US had the same installed capacity, the US would still see higher electrical generation.