Unreliable Nature Of Solar And Wind Makes Electricity More Expensive, New Study Finds

Jan 2018
The greatest place in America, California
Whoever wrote this and the bozo's who did the study certainly did not know how solar works or turbines. Here where I live my solar works every day and the wind turbines never stop turning. I think this is fake news. As for electric rates they go up every year and have since i was a kid some 70 years ago.

Apr 2012
Are you REALLY that obtuse ?? or just being trollish ?? I said NO such thing. What I said was food production and windmill farms are very much compatible. That windmills take up very little land. I also said that solar is largely used in western states, especially the desert southwest, where nothing much grows anyway. Neither of which are having a major impact on food production. This years bad weather is having a far more profound impact on food production than all the windmills in the country combined.
You show your ignorance they use one quarter acre. In Indiana there is a wind mill farm with 120 wind turbines. That means the farmer has lost 40 acres of farm land

Apr 2012
Whoever wrote this and the bozo's who did the study certainly did not know how solar works or turbines. Here where I live my solar works every day and the wind turbines never stop turning. I think this is fake news. As for electric rates they go up every year and have since i was a kid some 70 years ago.
How much has the proce of electricity dropped. It does nothing to lower electric bills. It is just more expensive politics the taxpayers have to pay for

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
China and India each have more people in their expanding middle classes than we have people in the country. Sooner or later we WILL be in conflict for natural resources. It won’t matter how much more it costs when we run out of other non renewable energy.
At the rate of increasing technology and efficiencies, I expect that it will be sooner than we expect that oil will be reduced to a lubricant only.