Unusual weapons from Russia

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Some weird guns and other shit from Russia.

Ots-38 Special "Silent" revolver

Small, portable, and has a built in silencer system, as the nickname above suggests. Developed by the famous Stechkin factory in early 2000s, used by some FSB agents, for example, and other spies, and undercover police officers and such

Igor Stechkin himself personally worked on the design of this gun, before he died in 2001, it is considered his last masterpiece:Igor Stechkin - Wikipedia

Russia also boasts the world's biggest and most powerful revolver, the 12.7 mm caliber RSh-12

Left to right below, casings for AK-47; M-4; hunting rifle for large game; and an empty for the RSh-12

Insane, here is a guy holding it at some event

Supposedly, developed for special forces, though I am unable to find any photos or videos of any of them carrying or using it; and I don't blame them, such a weapon really does not seem to have any practical combat application, to me...

There is also the OTs -62, another Stechkin product, developed in the 90s, which is essentially half-revolver half-sawed off shotgun

Again, dubious practical applications; though, apparently, the Federal Penitentiary Service has steadily purchased them, for use against inmates during riots in the prison camps, loaded with non-lethal rubber bullets (at first, anyway).

Another unusual weapon over there is the PP-19 "Bison" sub-machine gun with its horizontal magazine

Some SWAT-type units have adapted them

and it is also the favored sidearm of court bailiffs and other security personnel within the Ministry of Justice

ASh-12.7, new assault rifle developed in Russia since 2010

Huge caliber, for a rifle.

From same producer as the RSh-12 revolver, in fact, the revolver was basically developed, initially, itself, as a tester for the ammo for this new rifle lol

ADS, the new "amphibious" rifle used by Russia's version of SEALs

"Sarych .308", a perspective future rifle for Russia's military being currently developed, looks like something out of a video game (Sarych is a type of bird)

Fed by between 10 and 30 round magazines, 7,62 mm ammo. NATO-standard ammo, reportedly, meaning it will be able to use ammo from American and European rifles, I guess...

That's just a prototype concept though, for now.

But, perhaps the weirdest and, I would say, scariest, weapon they been developing over there, is the "Status 6" aka "Poseidon" nuclear drone torpedo

Russia’s Nuclear Tsunami Apocalypse Torpedo is Named 'Poseidon'

This thing is said to be able to move at up to 200 km/h (i.e. too fast for the US Navy to intercept with own torpedoes, as the fastest one in their arsenal does not go above 100 km/h); it also travels far too deep for any USN countermeasures to be used against it; it can take out aircraft carrier battle groups and, in fact, supposedly, devastate whole coastal cities, by causing a radioactive tsunami...

So, far, of course, its real capabilities remain generally unknown, as it has yet to be tested in combat. Thank God...

And this is not some Cold War relic, btw. No, new Russia, Putin's Russia came up with this one, albeit it is reportedly based on some indeed Cold War era development projects abandoned back then and dug up and realized now, for who the fuck knows what possibly reason...

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
"Unusual weapons"

That title brought me to the thread, but it's funny, because the most deadly and "obvious" weapon is not mentioned here...

It is a very ancient weapon, extremely effective in the right hands, but it seems society has forgotten about this one and I bet no one here can guess what it is!

(It is not a sling, it is not a bow and arrow, it is not a blow gun, this weapon precedes those, probably by thousands of years and is twice as deadly... it will bring down ANY animal, including complacent men~!)

And what's further... I am not going to tell you what this weapon is, it is amazingly effective in the right hands, no one really has a defense against it, but it is my own personal weapon of choice, and to reveal it may someday reveal me.

So I will leave you folks to guess what, knowing you will never, ever get it, for you lot are far too soft and "domesticated" to do anything outside of what the television tells you to think and do.

And gee, I just kind of like that arrangement the way it is: you not knowing...

Thx :)

Last edited:

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
"Unusual weapons"

That title brought me to the thread, but it's funny, because the most deadly and "obvious" weapon is not mentioned here...

It is a very ancient weapon, extremely effective in the right hands, but it seems society has forgotten about this one and I bet no one here can guess what it is!

And what's further... I am not going to tell you what this weapon is, it is amazingly effective in the right hands, no one really has a defense against it, but it is my own personal weapon of choice, and to reveal it may someday reveal me.

So I will leave you folks to guess what, knowing you will never, ever get it, for you lot are far too soft and "domesticated" to do anything outside of what the television tells you to think and do.

And gee, I just kind of like that arrangement the way it is: you lot not knowing...

A pen (which is supposed to be mightier than a sword)? :D

Well, PENS, per se, are hardly "ancient", in fact:

The first patent on a ballpoint pen was issued on October 30, 1888, to John J Loud. In 1938, László Bíró, a Hungarian newspaper editor, with the help of his brother George, a chemist, began to design new types of pens, including one with a tiny ball in its tip that was free to turn in a socket.
Pen - Wikipedia

But "writing" as a concept, of course, dates back to the cave people

Later, different civilizations developed own writing systems using different styles and materials.

Babylon (ancient Iraq) had its clay tablets

Egypt - their papyrus scrolls

While ancient Slavs in Russia carved stuff on tree barks

But, yes, writing, spread of information, especially one the ruling authorities did not want known, has always been a potent weapon...

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
A pen (which is supposed to be mightier than a sword)? :D

Well, PENS, per se, are hardly "ancient", in fact:

Pen - Wikipedia

But "writing" as a concept, of course, dates back to the cave people

Later, different civilizations developed own writing systems using different styles and materials.

Babylon (ancient Iraq) had its clay tablets

Egypt - their papyrus scrolls

While ancient Slavs in Russia carved stuff on tree barks

But, yes, writing, spread of information, especially one the ruling authorities did not want known, has always been a potent weapon...
:) Good for you for picking the right course of action my friend, of course you are correct and that words and the law are the best security a person has, "touché" my friend:).

"Fair to all concerned" That's the last point of the "Four way test."

You are 100 times right here, but no, this weapon is not words and I am not at "liberty" to tell you, although it would be a great... I don't know, "reassurance" to know you can wipe out any enemy, any "authority" with something that must have been known and used for at least 50,000 years.

When I go out in the forest I take a few of these with me... and I have no fear of man or beast, no, they need to fear and heed ME!

I'd tell you in a PM buddy, but only if you swear to keep it to yourself...

I like you and trust you, you are one of my best friends here, have been for years, and I am very glad you came to this forum! :)

If I posted a picture of this, I bet one still couldn't find it, because no one knows what to call it, you see, there are only descriptions of this weapon, it doesn't have a name like "knife" or "gun," it doesn't have an internet "reference."

I have apprehensions about revealing this weapon, but I would trust you my good friend! :)

Last edited:
Sep 2011
aMEEErica
Well I'm glad you brought this up, so let's talk about weapons... :)

Let's talk about "hand-eye-co-ordination," extremely important for any throwing weapon...

What do you do to build hand-eye-co-ordination, what are your methods?

Mine is extreme, after awhile it's something you never forget, I throw knives with deadly accuracy, a skill it took me two years to acquire, but again, my secret weapon is not a knife.

(I want to hear some California-style music, hope you don't mind I brought my own music to the thread...)

Over the course of this thread I will reveal some very extreme weapons, very, very effective weapons, but not my little secret one, let's see if anyone can guess that...!

I won't leave you guys naked and defenseless! (but somewhat in "suspense" :p

Last edited:

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Well I'm glad you brought this up, so let's talk about weapons... :)

Let's talk about "hand-eye-co-ordination," extremely important for any throwing weapon...

What do you do to build hand-eye-co-ordination, what are your methods?

Mine is extreme, after awhile it's something you never forget, I throw knives with deadly accuracy, a skill it took me two years to acquire, but again, my secret weapon is not a knife.

(I want to hear some California-style music, hope you don't mind I brought my own music to the thread...)

Over the course of this thread I will reveal some very extreme weapons, very, very effective weapons, but not my little secret one, let's see if anyone can guess that...!

I won't leave you guys naked and defenseless! (but somewhat in "suspense" :p

Play a lot of Darts. maybe?

I have me one of those at home, and have got pretty good at it too lol

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
Gee... 8:37 pm in the east and no one posting here...

I guess I got all my babies tucked in with dances of sugar plums going through their heaaads... > :coldsweat:

Good to see the kids all tucked in with their little headies down... past their little beddie time...

Now don't you get gerfuffled in your night dress you pampered lot, yes I will come along in the wee hours and put a bat under such...

But what are YOU going to do with a bear encounter?! :eek:

Part of the reason I am posting this here, I want you folks armed and assured, but a lot of the reason is to enlighten folks on wildlife...

...but you might be surprised how this can apply to mankind and modern life... mostly directly... yes...

Let's start with the Massaai, an African tribe who much of their culture is centered around lions...

A male adult lion weighs about 400 pounds, can hop over a 12 foot barricade and can pick up an 800 pound cow in it jaws, and hop back over the barricade and witnesses say it has little more trouble than a jackal would with a chicken...

Yet, the Massaai have a rite of passage that sees the bravest of the tribe grab the lion's tail... it is a mark of distinction to have scars from claw marks...

Yet, the Massaai regularly break up prides of lions, and they do this by thrashing a long pole violently against the ground in front of them...

You see, it's a "weapon" of intimidation more than anything else, but realize it works.

Animals use weapons of intimidation, a bear will most often bluff charge you...

Bear basics:

Bears have poor eyesight, but they are not blind, at first encounter of a bear, freeze, do not move, they will walk right near you and never detect you.

Never run from a bear or any wild animal, never!

Keep your eyes UP...

We see this last encounter in the news of the fellow who ended up strangling that mountain lion...?

Cats love to "pounce" that is their basic "hunting" strategy, a cat will always take the easiest way to survive, and pouncing is such an example, so keep your eyes UP!

Okay, so there is a basic "primer," I didn't mention anything about weapons, something I( will expound upon if it seems there is any interest, but not some kind of knowledge I am just going to throw around like confetti either, so if there is interest, I will post further.

I like to think there is at least a "passive" interest in these kind of things, let's see if there is...

Last edited:
Sep 2011
aMEEErica
Gorillas...

Why does a gorilla beat it's chest?

They actually do, you know...

Think about it, no other animal besides man can do that... huh?

No other animal can pat it's own belly, it distinguishes the highest order animals from all the rest below, it is a modest demonstration of superiority and a warning to lesser forms, remember that, it might come in handy some day...

So, if you come across a bear and it is obvious they detect you and bluff charge you, pat your belly like a gorilla!

There is more to this, more on bear encounters in the next post.

Last edited: