Unvaccinated Oregon Boy Contracts Tetanus, Spends Two Months In Hospital For Over $800K In Medical Treatments

Nov 2016
Maryland
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
And vaccinations has probably/contributed to the worlds population problem. On a side note, I would have thought the likes of Ebola would have wiped out most Africans.
Ebola burns too "hot" to become a big pandemic. By we are ovrrdue for one.

Most scientists expect it will be bird flu or something similar. Spread by mucus droplets, etc. and easily moving from animals to humans. Drug resistant.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Yep. Had that once, too, though it was a fairly mild case ... just itched a lot, but I was told to stay away from people for 2-3 days or something.
Severe cases have driven patients to suicide. Apparently, pain medicine does not work on shingles.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
I once spoke to a young mom I know about why she and her friends have pox parties. She and her friends are big greenies. All natural, organic types. They dont feed their kids sugar, GMOs or anything like that. They dont use fertilizers in their gardens. No indoor cleaners like Windex, Pledge etc either. They feel we have too many toxins in the Earth and they dont want their kids to be as exposed to it. Their reasoning is vaccines are full of toxins (preservatives etc not the virus themselves) and prefer their kids to get diseases the natural way. That way they have protection for life. I always find this an odd thing today as young parents are the most educated (several of these women had PhDs) yet they are like this. Its a big disconnect. My husband thinks its because they are so well educated and fairly well off. They feel its no big deal if their kids get sick because they are insured. If they were poor, that likely wouldnt be the case. Chicken pox means 7-10 days off from school, poor parents cant afford to take that kind of time off from work. So they get vaccinated.
When I contracted chicken pox in elementary school...it was the result of a "pox party". The vaccine was not available then and the thought process was to allow the neighborhood kids to play together while sick and help out the Mom's who had to work. Today the pox parties are not necessary because of the availability of the vaccine. It is not only poor Moms missing work...middle class parents can't take 7-10 days off either because impact their jobs and employers. It is also IMO, torturing kids unnecessarily. I had a really bad case, I had pox lesions EVERYWHERE...my ears, scalp, etc. I still have the scars.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Severe cases have driven patients to suicide. Apparently, pain medicine does not work on shingles.
I have not had shingles...but the nerve damage from a bad or repeated outbreak is irreversible. My Mom used to get a outbreak every time she was released from the hospital and it got to the point she could not sit comfortably or stand for a long duration.

Nov 2016
Maryland
I have not had shingles...but the nerve damage from a bad or repeated outbreak is irreversible. My Mom used to get a outbreak every time she was released from the hospital and it got to the point she could not sit comfortably or stand for a long duration.
That’s why I got the shingles vaccine, even though it’s not 100% effective.