UPDATE - U SDefence Mark Esper aka Mr." Immentant danger" - States Trump's statement about 4 Embassies is wrong.

Oct 2018
WonderfulOregon
Esper contradicts Trump claim Iran planned attacks on four US embassies
Defense secretary first attempted to water down president’s assessment, then later appeared to row back assertions

Sun 12 Jan 2020

Seeking to explain Donald Trump’s claim that Iran was planning attacks on four American embassies before the US killed Iranian Gen Qassem Suleimani in a drone strike, defense secretary Mike Esper found himself in the dangerous position of contradicting the president

Asked on CBS’s Face the Nation if there had been a specific or tangible threat, Esper said: “I didn’t see one with regard to four embassies.”

Trump’s claim on Fox News on Friday prompted fierce criticism from members of Congress who were not briefed before the strike and who say such a threat was not mentioned in a classified briefing on Wednesday.

On Sunday, Esper added: “What I’m saying is I share the president’s view that, probably, my expectation was that they were going to go after our embassies.

“We had information that there was going to be an attack within a matter of days that would be broad in scale, in other words more than one country, and that it would be bigger than previous attacks, likely going to take us into open hostilities with Iran.

“We had every expectation to believe this would happen. That threat has been disrupted.”

===========

How easy would it to have been - to just agree with Trump? Esper knew the information he had never included 4 embasses.

What a group. I guess not everyone lies as easy as Trump

=======================================

January 2 - US Defense Secretary Mark Esper warns Iran
may be planning attacks on US interests

===================AKA = HERE SAY)===================

January 3 - (Friday)
The US struck and killed Qassem Soleimani in Iraq

Last edited:
Jul 2019
Atlanta
Esper contradicts Trump claim Iran planned attacks on four US embassies
Defense secretary first attempted to water down president’s assessment, then later appeared to row back assertions

Sun 12 Jan 2020

Seeking to explain Donald Trump’s claim that Iran was planning attacks on four American embassies before the US killed Iranian Gen Qassem Suleimani in a drone strike, defense secretary Mike Esper found himself in the dangerous position of contradicting the president

Asked on CBS’s Face the Nation if there had been a specific or tangible threat, Esper said: “I didn’t see one with regard to four embassies.”

Trump’s claim on Fox News on Friday prompted fierce criticism from members of Congress who were not briefed before the strike and who say such a threat was not mentioned in a classified briefing on Wednesday.

On Sunday, Esper added: “What I’m saying is I share the president’s view that, probably, my expectation was that they were going to go after our embassies.

“We had information that there was going to be an attack within a matter of days that would be broad in scale, in other words more than one country, and that it would be bigger than previous attacks, likely going to take us into open hostilities with Iran.

“We had every expectation to believe this would happen. That threat has been disrupted.”

===========

How easy would it to have been - to just agree with Trump? Esper knew the information he had never included 4 embasses.

What a group. I guess not everyone lies as easy as Trump

=======================================

January 2 - US Defense Secretary Mark Esper warns Iran
may be planning attacks on US interests

===================AKA = HERE SAY)===================

January 3 - (Friday)
The US struck and killed Qassem Soleimani in Iraq
Trump has now stated that it doesn't matter whether or not an embassy attack was imminent.. and he misspelled imminent.

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
outside of his last two press secretaries- Sarah Huckleberry and this current lying loon Stephanie Grisham, no one in the world lies as much as trump and with as little concern if anybody sees what liars they are. just constant, blatant, easily disproven lies....without any shame or embarrassment....it is amazing.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
outside of his last two press secretaries- Sarah Huckleberry and this current lying loon Stephanie Grisham, no one in the world lies as much as trump and with as little concern if anybody sees what liars they are. just constant, blatant, easily disproven lies....without any shame or embarrassment....it is amazing.
I saw an interview with Trump when he was about 30.. Lying is his strategy for keeping people guessing.

Reactions: llovejim
Sep 2019
dfw, texas
I saw an interview with Trump when he was about 30.. Lying is his strategy for keeping people guessing.
i tend to doubt it. i think trump is a pathological liar, in the strictest sense of the word. He is also a seriously, mentally unstable personality who has trouble knowing reality from his own ego-driven perceptions of reality. No one could boast and make such silly ass claims about how great he is at almost everything, how he clearly knows more than people who tower over him in economics or geopolitics or business acumen or military history and/or strategy...he claims to be an expert at ALMOST EVERYTHING...sane people do not spew such goofy, silly shit, at least not in public in tweets or quoted and then easily debunked by fact checks. he is like a 5 year old bratty boy who never grew up.

Reactions: charleston2
Jul 2019
Atlanta
i tend to doubt it. i think trump is a pathological liar, in the strictest sense of the word. He is also a seriously, mentally unstable personality who has trouble knowing reality from his own ego-driven perceptions of reality. No one could boast and make such silly ass claims about how great he is at almost everything, how he clearly knows more than people who tower over him in economics or geopolitics or business acumen or military history and/or strategy...he claims to be an expert at ALMOST EVERYTHING...sane people do not spew such goofy, silly shit, at least not in public in tweets or quoted and then easily debunked by fact checks. he is like a 5 year old bratty boy who never grew up.
I agree with you. He's despicable, but you should see the interview. Trump thinks lying is clever. He thinks it makes him smart and superior.

Oct 2019
Earth
What difference does it really make at this point?

Iran doesn't even seem to care anymore, why bother? Even past crimes and loacation make it a good kill and complaint will not make the guy less dead.

May 2019
Backatown, USA
I'm with you. It's beyond being a conscious strategy. There is some serious instability there. I don't think he knows when he is lying and when he isn't.
I have to find the piece, but I think it was the Art of the Deal ghostwriter who said that Trump lies compulsively, even when he has nothing to gain by it. He just can't help himself.

Reactions: llovejim