Uranium One informant makes Clinton allegations in testimony

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Uranium One informant makes Clinton allegations in testimony

An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees in written testimony that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton's charitable efforts while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a “reset” in US-Russian relations.

The informant, Douglas Campbell, said in the testimony obtained by The Hill that he was told by Russian nuclear executives that Moscow had hired the American lobbying firm APCO Worldwide specifically because it was in position to influence the Obama administration, and more specifically Hillary Clinton.

In addition to his written testimony, Campbell on Wednesday was interviewed for several hours behind closed doors by staff from both parties on the Senate Judiciary, House Intelligence and House Oversight and Government Reform committees.

Uranium One informant makes Clinton allegations in testimony | TheHill

Apr 2010
Oregon
He also was never reimbursed for the hundreds of thousands of dollars he used of his own money to make bribe payments under the FBI’s direction to the Russians to facilitate his cover.
Lolwat

Democrats have asked that a transcript of the testimony be released to the public, though it’s unclear whether Republicans will take that step.
In a letter sent this week, Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.), the top Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, and Rep. Adam Schiff (Calif.), the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, asserted that Justice Department officials told both parties during a briefing in December that they ultimately found they “could not trust” Campbell when he was working as an FBI informant.

Justice officials also said that Campbell had at no point made “any allegations of corruption, illegality, or impropriety on Clinton, the Clinton Foundation, President Clinton, the Uranium One deal, or CFIUS,” according to the Democrats.

“They also confirmed that there were “no allegations of impropriety or illegality” regarding Secretary Clinton in any of the documents they reviewed,” the Democrats said.
This should be another fun bellyflop. I wonder what he said that’s making the democrats eager to rel are the transcript

Sep 2016
My own world
Sessions Department of Justice has confirmed that the so called secret informant about the Uranium One deal that some Republicans claimed had information about the Clinton Foundation being involved in the Uranium One deal is an unrealiable person and should be discounted. That was the reason the FBI did not take the person seriously originally.

Another conspiracy theory falls on its face.

The Justice Department officials also said during the briefing that they considered the whistleblower, who has been identified in media reports as William Campbell, too unreliable to use as a witness due to inconsistencies in his story, according to a letter sent Tuesday by Reps. Elijah Cummings (Md.) and Adam Schiff (Calif.)—the top Democrats on the House oversight committee and the House intelligence committee—to the Republican chairmen of those panels.

http://washingtonpress.com/2018/02/...-cleared-hillary-wrongdoing-uranium-one-deal/

Last edited:
Nov 2013
NY
Lolwat

This should be another fun bellyflop. I wonder what he said that’s making the democrats eager to rel are the transcript

Well, look at the OP... the desperation to post anything 'Hillary bad', no matter how far fetched and ridiculous... it's not his first 'I hate Hillary let's try to distract from the WH disaster' rodeo. And he falls off the horse within seconds every time.

Jul 2015
Florida
Oh I’m sure this one will totally pan out
Same questionable guy as before. This is from the Washington Examiner. The LOBBYING company, itself said there was no connection. So I have no idea where this guy is going with this latest BS.

In written testimony obtained by the Hill, the informant, Douglas Campbell, told Congress that Russian nuclear officials told him that Moscow hired American lobbying firm APCO Worldwide with a $3 million annual lobbying fee in hopes of influencing Clinton to "reset" U.S.-Russia relations while supporting former President Bill Clinton’s charity efforts.

“The contract called for four payments of $750,000 over twelve months,” Campbell explained. “APCO was expected to give assistance free of charge to the Clinton Global Initiative as part of their effort to create a favorable environment to ensure the Obama administration made affirmative decisions on everything from Uranium One to the U.S.-Russia Civilian Nuclear Cooperation agreement.”

When asked for comment, a spokesperson for APCO said that their work with the Clinton Foundation and Russia are not connected in any way and their work with Russia did not involve Uranium One.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
More smoke than from a phony dossier. Special counsel needed? Oh, wait, Hillary is as pure as the driven snow.

LOL at the Dims wanting a transcript released. Then again they probably really don't, but I'm not going to explain the facts of life.