US Attorney John Durham Has Been Reviewing Origins of Russia Probe 'For Weeks'

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Derp! Deep State! Derp! FBI is Gestapo! You RWNJ's sound exactly like Russian bots would sound , if any Russian bots actually existed, of course.:rolleyes:

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
You know what is so funny about this thread?

It's based on a "source"

The thing that Trump Supporters complain about all the time???
The "source" states that John Durham has been working on the case for weeks.

Which informed folks already knew as evidenced by the things AG Barr was saying.

However as the second paragraph in the OP states:

Fox News reported on Monday that Attorney General Bill Barr had assigned John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, to conduct the inquiry into alleged misconduct and alleged improper government surveillance on the Trump campaign in 2016 as well as whether Democrats were the ones who improperly colluded with foreign actors.

Now, if you don't want to believe that Durham has been working on the case for weeks because it's based on an anonymous source, then that's just fine.

We don't expect the Left to really be informed folks anyway.

But, there is no denying AG Barr has appointed US Attorney Durham to Investigate the Investigators.

Mar 2019
TN
No you're not.

You are attempting to derail the thread because you are uncomfortable with the topic.

At least be honest about the Snow Flakeness.

The snowflake is Trumplefuckingthinskin !!!! Mueller didn't indict him. Didn't even recommend impeachment. Said it was up to congress. Basically gave the Dumbster a pass. But can he take the win and move on, NO !!!! Because he's a petty, mean, vindictive, insecure, narcissistic, little boy, twatwaffle. He can't just let it go. He's a fucking whiner of the highest order. Like I said in another thread. I've seen lots of sore losers in my day. But by god Trump is whiniest little bitch boy and THE ONLY sore fucking winner I've ever seen.

Like I said. The Clintons, who I detest, have been the subject of investigation after investigation for more than 30 fucking years. Even now the Dumbster whips up his crowds with "lock her up" chants. But he wants to whine about being investigated for a whopping two years. Cry my a fucking river !!!!

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
The snowflake is Trumplefuckingthinskin !!!! Mueller didn't indict him. Didn't even recommend impeachment. Said it was up to congress. Basically gave the Dumbster a pass. But can he take the win and move on, NO !!!! Because he's a petty, mean, vindictive, insecure, narcissistic, little boy, twatwaffle. He can't just let it go. He's a fucking whiner of the highest order. Like I said in another thread. I've seen lots of sore losers in my day. But by god Trump is whiniest little bitch boy and THE ONLY sore fucking winner I've ever seen.

Like I said. The Clintons, who I detest, have been the subject of investigation after investigation for more than 30 fucking years. Even now the Dumbster whips up his crowds with "lock her up" chants. But he wants to whine about being investigated for a whopping two years. Cry my a fucking river !!!!
Pure fantasy. The Inspector General has been investigating this issue for over a year. Investigating the investigators is one of the IG's many duties. But he can't indict anyone. One of the reasons the AG and any attorneys the AG hires are ramping up is precisely because the IG cannot indict. But the IG reports are public information. Here's the report on the Clinton email scandal investigation. Note how the investigators and those who manage them are openly criticized. Elements of this report are the basis for the ensuing report on origins of the Russian investigation.

If you have a full version of Adobe acrobat, you can save the downloaded version as text and quote it here. On request I can provide such quotes.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

For example:

The OIG announcement added that “if circumstances warrant, the OIG will
consider including other issues that may arise during the course of the review.”
One such issue that the OIG added to the scope of this review arose from the
discovery of text messages and instant messages between some FBI employees on
the investigative team, conducted using FBI mobile devices and computers, that
expressed statements of hostility toward then candidate Donald Trump and
statements of support for then candidate Clinton, as well as comments about the
handling of the Midyear investigation. We addressed whether these
communications evidencing a potential bias affected investigative decisions in the
Midyear investigation.
If you prefer secondary sources. The quote beow is from the New York Times masthead for their article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-email-investigation/?utm_term=.ffc764f77dc6

Nine Takeaways From the Inspector General’s Report on the Clinton Email Investigation

The Report on the F.B.I.’s Clinton Investigation Is 500 Pages. Our Experts Broke It Down.

The Report on the F.B.I.’s Clinton Investigation Is 500 Pages. Our Experts Broke It Down.
The report faulted the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey for his decision making during the inquiry.

Last edited:

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
As an example of the IG's thorough methodology (from link on previous page).

It will be interesting to compare the IG and AG's reports on the originas of the Russian investigation (pre-Mueller)

All of the former Department and FBI officials we contacted to request
interviews related to the Midyear investigation agreed to be interviewed. However,
two witnesses with whom we requested interviews in connection with our review of
whether Peter Kadzik, the former Assistant Attorney General for the Department’s
Office of Legislative Affairs (OLA), should have been recused from certain matters
declined our request for an interview or were unable to schedule an interview.

We also reviewed significantly more than 1.2 million documents. Among
these were FBI documents from the Midyear investigation, including electronic
communications (EC) and interview reports (FD-302s), agent notes from witness
interviews, draft and final versions of the letterhead memorandum (LHM)

summarizing the Midyear investigation, drafts of Comey’s public statement and
letters to Congress, and contemporaneous notes from agents and supervisors
involved in meetings about the statement and letters to Congress. We also
obtained documents from prosecutors and supervisors in the Department’s National
Security Division (NSD) and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of
Virginia (EDVA), as well as the Office of the Deputy Attorney General (ODAG) and
the Office of the Attorney General (OAG). Importantly, among these documents
were contemporaneous notes from the prosecutors and supervisors involved in the
investigation.