HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Really? Do you not know who FDR is?

How 'Uncle Joe' Bugged FDR — Central Intelligence Agency

Heck.

The Russians helped JFK get elected:

Here's Why Russian Officials Tried to Help John F. Kennedy Become President

Pick a president and they likely played ball with SOMEONE. For a number of reasons. All you have to do is read a bunch of foreign policy or espionage material. Hell. How many presidents fumbled the ball on Islamic terror? It wasn’t Bush Junior and his admin alone.

There is nothing new in the world of espionage. Not particularly. So a leader being pumped for info because of their ego? Even Putin has his flaws. He has fudged numerous things and is guilty of being far too aggressive. But he is also playing a long game knowing full well that the democrats won’t do anything (Obama had plenty of real opportunities), and that the republicans won’t either.

This is a long complicated game. And to pretend like the democrats are going to stand up to the Russians while trump is the only one mishandling stuff? Nah. Sorry. I don’t really think anyone is going to handle the Russians like they should. And that’s the REAL issue. Maybe once Putin dies? I don’t know. The dude is willing to blow up his own people to stay in power.

But pack to the topic. Yea. Trump is a putz who can’t be trusted. But that’s not new. :shrug:

Honestly. I don’t even care about the above as much as my next question to you:

I’m just wondering why we found out about this extraction right around election season? Do you understand how BIG of a failure that is on the espionage side? If you have to get a valuable asset OUT? The last thing you WANT to be known is that you even had one in the first place. Why the FUCK would you want that out in public?
Really?

FDR and JFK is the best you have, both of which have zero to do with what Trump actually did.

This happened back in 2017 and is just now being reported, so your last sentence makes no sense.

I remember when this was first being reported and how people in the various IG agencies were aghast.

Again, never has any other POTUS invited Russians into the Oval Office and gave them top-secret info - again, in regards to Israel. One of our biggest allies.

Jun 2014
United States
Really? So fast?

Maybe it's because he presented a national security threat from the day he was elected.

I mean, I can't remember any other POTUS giving out national secrets to the Russians in the Oval Office. And throwing one of our biggest allies under the bus for good measure.

That's just fricking common sense.

And all of that happened in his first week in office. It's only gone downhill from there.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Asked for comment, Brittany Bramell, the CIA director of public affairs, told CNN: “CNN’s narrative that the Central Intelligence Agency makes life-or-death decisions based on anything other than objective analysis and sound collection is simply false. Misguided speculation that the President’s handling of our nation’s most sensitive intelligence—which he has access to each and every day—drove an alleged exfiltration operation is inaccurate.”

A spokesperson for Secretary of State Mike Pompeo declined to comment. White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said, “CNN’s reporting is not only incorrect, it has the potential to put lives in danger.”