US no longer fit to lead the world

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
yup more is explaned with the knowledge that the media is always attacked and called the enemy of the people by ugly dictatorships and people like you who grovel at their feet. Without lies and distortions your party couldn't or wouldn't exist. Your just another voice from the world of hate.
Funny, but still needs work. Polish it up or you’ll never crack the big city stand-up circuit.
Keep hate alive!

Jan 2016
Colorado
The real question is what the USA can still offer to others psychologically ? It is getting more and more difficult for non Americans to identify to what made American values universal, because either they anyway integrated these values which are part of their lives and are no more typically American or because these values are lived actually by Americans in a way which does not fit anymore with the concerns of others. In fact the cultural debates of the American society are less and less understandable outside the US and it is more difficult to catch where the USA intend to go and their leadership is as a consequence fading. I do not think that an only nation, even China, will repace the US in the role they had during the XXst Century. I guess it will be more a group od nations as long as they would be able to build a dream others could share.
This is the world we are headed for: We Are Now In The Age Of Tyrants

Dec 2013
Switzerland
Did the US reached a stage where the complexity of the world is for them too much ? When you do not want to rebounce, because you know that the future will not be as good as the past was, it is easier to become a dreamer of decadence and to be just a spectator than to adjust to the new world in the making, brave or not !

Jan 2016
Colorado
Did the US reached a stage where the complexity of the world is for them too much ? When you do not want to rebounce, because you know that the future will not be as good as the past was, it is easier to become a dreamer of decadence and to be just a spectator than to adjust to the new world in the making, brave or not !
Did you ever hear the phrase 'future shock'?

That was the title of a book, Future Shock, written by Alvin Toffler, that came out in 1970:

Future Shock - Wikipedia

I remember reading that book back then. I think it was a prophetic book. I think millions and millions of Americans are suffering from 'future shock' today. The world has become too complex for them, too complex for their minds to deal with. So they retreat to the simplicities of some black-and-white view of the world, offered to them by some charlatan like Donald Trump, a con man, a snake-oil salesman, huckster, and fraud. No nuance. No need to think deeply. So, yes, to answer your question: The complexity of the world has just become too much for many Americans: they constitute Trump's base.

May 2016
california
Toffler wasn't that popular, too wordy for one thing, besides it's not the future so much, it's more the toxic shock of the times now.

Mar 2019
California
One shouldn't assume that modern Republicans are motivated by patriotism. They have become the party of chaos and anarchy. They don't really have an ideology. It's more like a religion.
Chaos and Anarchy? Was it a Repub who said "Get up, Form a CROWD. Get in their FACE. Tell 'em that ain't wanted." Mad Maxine is a TYPICAL DEM. And that speech was inciting to RIOT. Antifa is a Repub organization? Beatin' people with bats and setting FIRES is Democracy? Dems are chuckin' rocks from their HUGE glass house.