US no longer fit to lead the world

Dec 2013
Switzerland
Did you ever hear the phrase 'future shock'?

That was the title of a book, Future Shock, written by Alvin Toffler, that came out in 1970:

Future Shock - Wikipedia

I remember reading that book back then. I think it was a prophetic book. I think millions and millions of Americans are suffering from 'future shock' today. The world has become too complex for them, too complex for their minds to deal with. So they retreat to the simplicities of some black-and-white view of the world, offered to them by some charlatan like Donald Trump, a con man, a snake-oil salesman, huckster, and fraud. No nuance. No need to think deeply. So, yes, to answer your question: The complexity of the world has just become too much for many Americans: they constitute Trump's base.
I remember this book, but at that time, around 1970, the idea of future shock was not a real concern for me. At that time I had no idea of this reaction to complexity you describe very well. I was more fighting marxist or communist theories, which were then offering to many a way to deal with complexity and to turn it this way, kind of a scientific predestination organizing the future of humanity. It did not leave for me much room to be overhelmed by complexity....

Mar 2015
Minnesota
Chaos and Anarchy? Was it a Repub who said "Get up, Form a CROWD. Get in their FACE. Tell 'em that ain't wanted." Mad Maxine is a TYPICAL DEM. And that speech was inciting to RIOT. Antifa is a Repub organization? Beatin' people with bats and setting FIRES is Democracy? Dems are chuckin' rocks from their HUGE glass house.
Its always lies and distortions with you people , it's best to always belive your just lying to start with and that gives you a head start on reason. Its so bad that I hardly ever check the comment for validity. Turns out to be a waste of time when you find that everything you people say is a lie.

Mar 2019
California
Just another right wing lie that controls their Grovelers .The party that owns most of the deficit, standing on their stage pacifying their grovelers by the sins of deficit spending. Without lies and distortions this hate group couldn't or wouldn't exist.
Hate group? Hmmm.... That "Deplorable" speech sure did Hillary a lot of good.

Mar 2019
California
Its always lies and distortions with you people , it's best to always belive your just lying to start with and that gives you a head start on reason. Its so bad that I hardly ever check the comment for validity. Turns out to be a waste of time when you find that everything you people say is a lie.
So those Antifa attacks were not on video?

Mar 2015
Minnesota
Thin Ice / Extended
You Nazi wannabees can't point a finger at anyone , You are the lowest of the low. Your evil, cruel, ugly, mean, and full of hate also you operate on lies and distortions . So Your finger pointing is totally disregarded by anyone who has the capacity to think.

Mar 2019
California
Did the US reached a stage where the complexity of the world is for them too much ? When you do not want to rebounce, because you know that the future will not be as good as the past was, it is easier to become a dreamer of decadence and to be just a spectator than to adjust to the new world in the making, brave or not !
Maybe it would be better if the World adjusted to a better way of thinking.

Mar 2015
Minnesota
The lie, is that the left is a threat on hate crimes , the truth is the complete opposite"New York, NY, January 23, 2019 … Right-wing extremists were linked to at least 50 extremist-related murders in the United States in 2018, making them responsible for more deaths than in any year since 1995, according to new data from the ADL." "Every extremist killing in the US in 2018 had a link to a right-wing extremism, according to a new report from the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism." You people have to be disposed of. You have nothing but lies and distortions

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
jbander has been banned from this thread. Please do not reply to his/her posts. Thank you for your cooperation.