US pulls out of Iran deal= big Trump failure=a number of other countries say NO SANCTIONS

Sep 2016
My own world
The trump policies are collapsing= Finland, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden released a joint statement an Iran’s nuclear program by all parties involved.
Finland, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden released a joint statement asserting it’s of “the utmost importance to the preservation and full implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPoA) on Iran’s nuclear program by all parties involved.”

France said it asserts European autonomy amid an over-reaching Washington administration. French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves le Drian called it an “important decision” that will show “Europe’s autonomy of action”.
It's a vehicle to “facilitate legitimate trade between Europe and Iran,” while also providing incentive for Tehran to return to its commitments under the JCPOA, specifically to recently breached uranium enrichment limits.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
"These unilateral US actions are disruptive and counter productive becsuse they don't involve any other parties, so they're useless. As a response, we will initiate unilateral EU actions that don't involve other parties" .

That's some top drawer minds at work right there.

Who knew Marcon was the next Napoleon.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
The trump policies are collapsing= Finland, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden released a joint statement an Iran’s nuclear program by all parties involved.
Finland, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden released a joint statement asserting it’s of “the utmost importance to the preservation and full implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPoA) on Iran’s nuclear program by all parties involved.”

France said it asserts European autonomy amid an over-reaching Washington administration. French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves le Drian called it an “important decision” that will show “Europe’s autonomy of action”.
It's a vehicle to “facilitate legitimate trade between Europe and Iran,” while also providing incentive for Tehran to return to its commitments under the JCPOA, specifically to recently breached uranium enrichment limits.

I sort of expected this.

Reactions: labrea and Eve1
Sep 2016
My own world
"These unilateral US actions are disruptive and counter productive becsuse they don't involve any other parties, so they're useless. As a response, we will initiate unilateral EU actions that don't involve other parties" .

That's some top drawer minds at work right there.

Who knew Marcon was the next Napoleon.
I think they have a point. The US signed a deal, just because a new administration comes in doesn't mean the deal should be scrapped unilaterally. The US just didn't break a contract with Iran they broke a contract with all the countries that signed. Why would the other countries punish the party that didn't break the contract in favor of the country that did break the contract?

Reactions: labrea
Aug 2018
Vancouver
I think they have a point. The US signed a deal, just because a new administration comes in doesn't mean the deal should be scrapped unilaterally. The US just didn't break a contract with Iran they broke a contract with all the countries that signed. Why would the other countries punish the party that didn't break the contract in favor of the country that did break the contract?
They definitely have a point. The world doesn't follow US law. If the US government puts sanctions on a company those are US sanctions and US law. They don't affect anybody else doing business. It's ridiculous.

I just don't see how Europe + UK being really unilateral in their response is helpful. What does that mean for Japan? For Korea? For Isreal? For Brazil?

You can't pass a law in Washington or Brussels and expect anyone else to care.

Sep 2016
My own world
They definitely have a point. The world doesn't follow US law. If the US government puts sanctions on a company those are US sanctions and US law. They don't affect anybody else doing business. It's ridiculous.

I just don't see how Europe + UK being really unilateral in their response is helpful. What does that mean for Japan? For Korea? For Isreal? For Brazil?

You can't pass a law in Washington or Brussels and expect anyone else to care.
I think it gives them license to join the list of countries that have told Trump to stick his sanctions up his arse.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS

Good let them take care of thier back yard.

Sep 2016
My own world
Im not. Im saying good for them, time for them to grow up and take care of shit themselves.
Maybe you should tell Trump that its' "good". He's having a freak out. He probably realizes that it means the influence of the US on the world stage has diminished under him.
I don't think he could accomplish a call to arms in the case of an international (or just American) emergency like other Presidents have been able to do in the past. Putin must be loving it, having America essentially neutered.

The US was able to tell the Western countries around the world to jump and they use to ask how high. Now the US says jump and they say fuck you. Thanks Trump.

How's that trade deal going with China? You aren't going to get China to concede to shit if the rest of the West doesn't go along. In fact the EU will take advantage of the squeeze on China. Ask some US farmers.

Last edited:
Reactions: charleston2