USA drops down the list of happiest countries on earth

Sep 2016
My own world
The United States dropped to 18 after falling from 13 to 14 last year. Helliwell pointed to a worsening health crisis and “declining social capital” relative to other countries on the list.

The rankings are based on gross domestic product per person, healthy life expectancy and respondents’ own perception of their happiness based on global survey results in which people ranked from 1-10 their level of social support in times of need, their freedom of choice, how corrupt their society is and how generous they are. Because each of the top countries have such high values for each of those variables, it is expected that their positions will swap year to year.

Overview | World Happiness Report

Dec 2015
SoCal
The United States dropped to 18 after falling from 13 to 14 last year. Helliwell pointed to a worsening health crisis and “declining social capital” relative to other countries on the list.

The rankings are based on gross domestic product per person, healthy life expectancy and respondents’ own perception of their happiness based on global survey results in which people ranked from 1-10 their level of social support in times of need, their freedom of choice, how corrupt their society is and how generous they are. Because each of the top countries have such high values for each of those variables, it is expected that their positions will swap year to year.

Overview | World Happiness Report
We're still in the top 20!

Mar 2018
TN
It doesnt surprise me, honestly. Our social climate is excruciating!
Whats bad is, that is the one thing no one tries to fix. Or if they do, they use division tactics to blacklist anyone not in the collective.
Our duopoly and media suuuuuuuuuuck

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
It doesnt surprise me, honestly. Our social climate is excruciating!
Whats bad is, that is the one thing no one tries to fix. Or if they do, they use division tactics to blacklist anyone not in the collective.
Our duopoly and media suuuuuuuuuuck
Healthcare is destroying the country. The expense is horrendous, the coverage is spotty and millions remain uninsured, and that number is growing, and growing. And this administration has done nothing to address the problem.