V.P. Pence Wants To Go To The Moon

Jul 2014
Border Fence
WTF?

What is wrong with the GOP? With all the demands on tax dollars and with Congress and the Trump administration looking to cut services to the American people...how can any politician call for a US return to the Moon mission?

FEMA is broke and Tropical Storm Nate on course to hit the US Gulf coast...how short sighted.

I'm sure people still out of their homes due to Harvey, Irma, and Maria are thrilled with the prospect of spending tax dollars on a return to the Moon.

What happened to fiscal conservatism?

Mike Pence wants to see astronauts return to the Moon

"We will return astronauts to the Moon - not only to leave behind footprints and flags, but to build the foundation we need to send Americans to Mars and beyond," he stated.

President Obama had rejected the Moon as a return destination.
"We've been there," he said bluntly...
Mike Pence wants to see astronauts return to the Moon - BBC News

Last edited:

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
He can bloody well get in line! I've been waiting since 1969!

All jokes aside, it is absurd in the wake of the recent natural disasters. It's ok to have these plans, but sometimes it can be the wrong time to announce these plans. This is one of those times.

Last edited:

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
The U.S. can fix disasters, grow its economy and go to the Moon and beyond, all at once.

It can, and if you listen to guys like Stephen Hawking, it absolutely must.

But it can't do all of that and also fight protracted wars in multiple theaters.

Reactions: 3 people
Jul 2014
Border Fence
The U.S. can fix disasters, grow its economy and go to the Moon and beyond, all at once.

But it can't do all of that and also fight protracted wars in multiple theaters.
I could be thinner and richer. But reality is there to slap me in the face.

We are in dept. We have not even fully funded what is needed.

Congress is trying to kill CHIPS Children's Health Insurance and Medicare.

Pence would have done better to have read..."Twas The Night Before Christmas"

Reactions: 1 person

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
I could be thinner and richer. But reality is there to slap me in the face.

We are in dept. We have not even fully funded what is needed.

Congress is trying to kill CHIPS Children's Health Insurance and Medicare.

Pence would have done better to have read..."Twas The Night Before Christmas"
The debt is literally a number based entirely on U.S. fiat. 50 percent or more of it is the U.S. borrowing money from itself to pay itself. Most of the rest are U.S. investors, Chinese/Japanese/German interests, and an amalgamation of others. It's better to think of the debt not as private, personal debt, which must be repaid in full plus interest, but as an interest agreement where nobody cares if they get paid in full, they just want their guaranteed day-to-day profit on the bond. And it will be guaranteed for the indefinite future. It's a Ponzi scheme, but the U.S. has total assurance of new investors forever and total control over their money. The running tally is frightening, but not reality.

Last edited:
Nov 2013
NY

Stephen Hawking is an absolute genius, no question.
Yet this is not a scientific necessity, but his personal wanting, and vision.

The idea that we HAVE to go to other planets, if we as a species want to survive, is moot.

The energy, money and time it would take to terraform any other habitable planet in our reach.. a tiny fraction of that would be enough to remake - or keep - this existing planet of ours habitable.

Reactions: 1 person

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Stephen Hawking is an absolute genius, no question.
Yet this is not a scientific necessity, but his personal wanting, and vision.

The idea that we HAVE to go to other planets, if we as a species want to survive, is moot.

The energy, money and time it would take to terraform any other habitable planet in our reach.. a tiny fraction of that would be enough to remake - or keep - this existing planet of ours habitable.
You can't create real estate for ever more billions of bodies, and you can't stop a planet killer impact, which we know is coming eventually.

In addition, space exploration offers bounty far beyond places to live. Practical asteroid mining would provide all the minerals we'll ever need.

May 2012
By the wall
There is helium 3 on the moon.

I guess the idea of safe nuclear energy that produces no waste and which could lower our global footprint is not a big deal huh?