VA Lt Gov accused of sexual assault

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Vanessa Tyson, the college professor who accused Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax of sexual assault in 2004, issued a lengthy statement Wednesday detailing the alleged incident.

"With tremendous anguish, I am now sharing this information about my experience and setting the record straight," she wrote. "It has been extremely difficult to relive that traumatic experience from 2004. Mr. Fairfax has tried to brand me as a liar to a national audience, in service to his political ambitions, and has threatened litigation. Given his false assertions, I’m compelled to make clear what happened." Tyson, now a professor at Scripps College, called the encounter with Fairfax “horrific” and said it has caused her “deep humiliation and shame.” Fairfax has said the two had a sexual encounter but described it as consensual.

In the statement, Tyson detailed how “what began as consensual kissing quickly turned into a sexual assault” in a Boston hotel room. While Fairfax’s initial advance was “not unwelcome,” he soon “forcefully pushed” her head towards his crotch. “Utterly shocked and terrified, I tried to move my head away, but could not because his hand was holding down my neck and he was much stronger than me,” Tyson says in the stement. “As I cried and gagged, Mr. Fairfax forced me to perform oral sex on him.”

A spokesperson for Fairfax, a Democrat, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

'Utterly shocked and terrified': Fairfax accuser details alleged assault
She should have "serviced" him in a manner that he would have NEVER forgotten...especially going to the ER after. :) Then she would have the scars from the stitches to prove what he did and he would be so scared of women at this point, he would not go within 10 feet of a woman. It will be interesting to see if she gets as much support as Ford did. I am guessing not.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Because her own witnesses couldn't validate her story while Karen Monahan has provided plenty of documentation.
I haven't decided yet if I think the accusation against Justine Fairfax is credible or not yet.
Maybe part off the problem here is everyone feels they are obligated to "believe" one side or the other. I get people having opinions about it, by why put everyone in the position of having to advocate for one side or the other when the reality is none of us know these people personally and are limited to information given to us by the media?

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
Maybe part off the problem here is everyone feels they are obligated to "believe" one side or the other. I get people having opinions about it, by why put everyone in the position of having to advocate for one side or the other when the reality is none of us know these people personally and are limited to information given to us by the media?

So are you suggesting the media lies? Gets it wrong? How come you weren't this objective when it was the kavanaugh girls?

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
Why are we not surprised to hear this? After all, if Governor Northam was to resign the Lt. Governor would take over as governor and he is a Black Democrat. Therefore, it sure appears that of course there are going to be things said against him perhaps to keep him from obtaining that high position. Why wasn't that information brought out sooner we just have to ask? Why now? Oh yeah. We know.

False charges of racism cheapen the charge to the point people just laugh when it's hurled.

#allwomenshouldbebelieved #metoo

Unless it's a democrat.

Jul 2014
midwest
Just heard that a second woman has come forward and accused Fairfax of sexual assault.

No details yet.

This can't be good for him...

The women (plural now) must be believed.

How many more are there?

Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby started out like this dint they?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Especially after the campaign that Northam ran against Ed Gillespie which repeatedly accused him of being racist and tried to associate him with the Charlottesville marchers. There was an ad with a pickup truck flying a confederate flag and a Gillespie bumper sticker chasing down minority children. If this would have come out while Northam was running that kind of campaign, it would have devastated him.
Now here's the question. Democrats are calling on Northam to resign now. But they are doing so knowing that his seat would be filled by his progressive Lt Governor. And even if he goes because of the assault allegations, the Attorney General is a Democrat too. So Democrats aren't giving up any power. But suppose this came out during the campaign. Would they be so willing to condemn Northam if they knew that it would cost them a governor seat?
Called it.
Here's Rep. Beyer of Virginia. "We would move from a progressive, very strong attorney general to someone who's not just a Republican but someone who's on the arch-conservative end of it."

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Four staffers to Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax have quit in the wake of allegations of sexual assault and rape made against him days ago. Two of the three employees on Fairfax's state payroll and two employees working for his political action committee (PAC) have departed. As a part-time lieutenant governor, Fairfax keeps a small team of aides working on his behalf in Richmond.

4 staffers for Justin Fairfax quit amid sexual assault controversy