Vaping: Much Better For Smoking Cessation (than patch or gums)

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Those aren't for outright bans though. Citing a ban for specifics is common-place for FedGov when laying down the law.
Those products would only be banned outright if those companies didn't comply with certain regulations.

The initiatives have been heavily worded regarding "limiting access to and the marketing of flavored nicotine products".

For the government to come in and just ban a company for nicotine would be very unsettling for the US citizen. Especially when big tobacco is still kicking ass.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Banning e-cigs would be monumentally bad for millions of people who have stopped inhaling combusted organic matieral in place for water vapor.
It would. I also think over restricting them would as well. It might be more difficult for lower income folks to need to see a doctor for an Rx for one.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
I understand what an addiction is. Before quitting smoking 24 years ago, I quit drinking about 29-1/2 years ago (and hope to make 25 and 30, respectively, later this year). No matter how you slice it, what I described is exactly what happens.
You're an inspiration to addicts who'd like to stop, but that's about it. Everyone's story is different, even when they quit.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I am not bothered by banning the smoking of anything the ingestion of which by someone else could be harmful ... e.g., the smoking of tobacco. I do not wish to ingest tobacco in any form, and tobacco smoke from others is extremely irritating as I walk down the street or into a building.

Nov 2015
UK
I am not bothered by banning the smoking of anything the ingestion of which by someone else could be harmful ... e.g., the smoking of tobacco. I do not wish to ingest tobacco in any form, and tobacco smoke from others is extremely irritating as I walk down the street or into a building.
When moving slowly in traffic, you can often smell cigarette smoke from the car Infront. Minging.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
My youngest who's 17 knows quite a few of his age who are not smokers but use ecigs because it looks cool.
Around here they are having trouble with the middle school kids and vaping. I know some of their parents know they do it too. They figure its better than cigarettes. Figure if they use these they wont start. You often can hear parents and even online people will use the terms e cigs and "real cigarettes." I think there may be a lack of understanding about it as well.

Nov 2013
NY
There is, of course, an alternative way to quit:

Step 1 - stop.

There is no step 2.
Fully agreed. Yet I simply didn’t WANT to stop... I enjoy smoking. And I am very well aware of the risks, and will not complain ever should someone diagnose me with a smoking related disease.

And while I really enjoy it... I did buy a juul 6 months ago... fearing that it would just add onto my smoking. But, what can I tell you, 6 months later, haven’t touched a cigarette ever again, because I just don’t feel the need for it. For me, the Juul is the proper and fully satisfactory alternative.

No one knows what long term damage vaping will do yet... but there is consensus that it is less harmful than smoking. I take that for now :)

Jul 2011
NYC
My youngest who's 17 knows quite a few of his age who are not smokers but use ecigs because it looks cool.

I was thinking about this, I wondered about if vapes were approached like cigars, take out the nicotine, kids could look cool without the inhaling of anything and no nicotine.