Vaping: Much Better For Smoking Cessation (than patch or gums)

Nov 2015
UK
I was thinking about this, I wondered about if vapes were approached like cigars, take out the nicotine, kids could look cool without the inhaling of anything and no nicotine.
Yes, they use the nicotine free vapour but as my lad suggested, are they not still at risk to popcorn lung. You can't fix stupid and I'm glad my two lads avoid cigarettes, vaping and drugs.

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
Yes, they use the nicotine free vapour but as my lad suggested, are they not still at risk to popcorn lung. You can't fix stupid and I'm glad my two lads avoid cigarettes, vaping and drugs.

popcorn lung is like less than .0001% no? and what I'm suggesting is not inhaline like one does with a cigar.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
You are commenting about popcorn lung without even understanding the link or risks. It's literally a few clicks away if you'd like to check it out.

From what I gather, you are more likely to suffer from shrapnel from an exploding battery or mod on a vape pen than getting popcorn lung.

That doesn't mean you should vape though. Just saying.

You are right, you can't fix stupid, especially when people are so willing to be ignorant about dangers they know very little about. Like popcorn lung.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Diacetyl is what causes popcorn lung. It's in food flavoring (predominately) and is also used in some e-juice for vaping. However, since the dangers of this chemical/compound (not sure) many makers of ejuice have stopped using it. And many users have stopped buying liquids with Diacetyl in it.

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
Diacetyl is what causes popcorn lung. It's in food flavoring (predominately) and is also used in some e-juice for vaping. However, since the dangers of this chemical/compound (not sure) many makers of ejuice have stopped using it. And many users have stopped buying liquids with Diacetyl in it.

i would be more concerned with it in my beer... yucck.

Nov 2015
UK
Good grief.

Over a decade ago, workers in a microwave popcorn factory were sickened by breathing in diacetyl—the buttery-flavored chemical in foods like popcorn, caramel and dairy products. While this flavoring may be tasty, it was linked to deaths and hundreds of cases of bronchiolitis obliterans, a serious and irreversible lung disease. As a result, the major popcorn manufacturers removed diacetyl from their products, but some people are still being exposed to diacetyl - not through food flavorings as a worksite hazard, but through e-cigarette vapor.

Popcorn Lung: A Dangerous Risk of Flavored E-Cigarettes

With all due respect, I will stick to reliable sources of information instead of your baloney.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Good grief.

Over a decade ago, workers in a microwave popcorn factory were sickened by breathing in diacetyl—the buttery-flavored chemical in foods like popcorn, caramel and dairy products. While this flavoring may be tasty, it was linked to deaths and hundreds of cases of bronchiolitis obliterans, a serious and irreversible lung disease. As a result, the major popcorn manufacturers removed diacetyl from their products, but some people are still being exposed to diacetyl - not through food flavorings as a worksite hazard, but through e-cigarette vapor.

Popcorn Lung: A Dangerous Risk of Flavored E-Cigarettes

With all due respect, I will stick to reliable sources of information instead of your baloney.
Your source confirmed exactly what I just said. Almost word for word.

What's your deal? Just mad all the time?

/fart noise